8GB Model fuctional?

jborchel

Jun 1, 2011
I would like to buy the 8 GB model but not knowing how these tablets work I was wondering if this was enough. How much of the storage is used for system function and files and how much does that leave for user files

bobs61

Jul 11, 2011
goto

tabletsupport.toshiba.com

and download the user manual.
you can put in sd card for any additional storage and you can use your Google acct to back up before shuting down

bobs61

Jul 11, 2011
I would like to buy the 8 GB model but not knowing how these tablets work I was wondering if this was enough. How much of the storage is used for system function and files and how much does that leave for user files

Just finished 5 hous of setting up and using my 8gb Thrive.4.78 gb available system uses about 3-4 gb to run but with sd cards being so cheap(just got 2 8gb sd for 19$) i see no reason to buy 16 or 32gb models

ritepath

Jul 3, 2011
Move 2 SD is your friend I assume?

I'm really considering the 8g unit and was wondering the same thing the OP asks about.

arena

Jul 8, 2011
:cool:I'm very pleased with my 8gb Thrive. I put lot's of music in the music folder on the internal drive and use a 32gb sd card in the slot. Movies play well with MX video player - free on market. The media player that came on it won't play most of my movies...not sure why. This is my 2nd tablet - upgraded from a Coby mid1024 using froyo...great move IMHO.

Nov 23, 2011
I would be sure to search around as you may find that there may not be that much of a difference in price between the 8GB and 16 GB model. You can always get an SD Card, but keep in mind how you plan to use the device, if you are an avid reader and would like to keep many book title you definitely would want more space, specially if you plan to use it for reference material and really don't want to be loading and unloading content.

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
From my researching it seems like there is about a $20 difference in pricing on the two models, so IF we go with the thrive I am leaning towards the 16 gb model. It looks like a fantastic machine.