9.7" Wopad M12 experience?

jeneva

Dec 9, 2011
hi there!

is there a way to switch back to the original factory setting after upgrading the FW? thank you!

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
hi there!

is there a way to switch back to the original factory setting after upgrading the FW? thank you!

go 2 settings >> privacy and click factory data reset ( i haven't tried it myself but should work)
also ... go 2 settings >> storage >> erase NAND flash ( is this the internal sdcard partion called; internal memory, so should be save to wipe if ya want a clean slate)

UPDATE: both are save, they will wipe al personal data and tweaks, it gets you back to the original firmware default settings (not of course to the real factory firmware, this can only be done by flashing the real factory firmware), you can do this if you are stuck or in case you want to sell your tablet to someone else.

Last edited:

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
how do i get real stats about the DDR3 512ram, is this shared memory with the Vivante Graphics Processor IP ? beacuse i see only about 245MB ram (manage applications >> running ) ?

jeneva

Dec 9, 2011
go 2 settings >> privacy and click factory data reset ( i haven't tried it myself but should work)
also ... go 2 settings >> storage >> erase NAND flash ( is this the internal sdcard partion called; internal memory, so should be save to wipe if ya want a clean slate)

UPDATE: both are save, they will wipe al personal data and tweaks, it gets you back to the original firmware default settings (not of course to the real factory firmware, this can only be done by flashing the real factory firmware), you can do this if you are stuck or in case you want to sell your tablet to someone else.

thank you!

may i know what other flash tool can i use? currently, i'm using RKTool but it cant seem to work after changing my ROM.

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
thank you!

may i know what other flash tool can i use? currently, i'm using RKTool but it cant seem to work after changing my ROM.

well... i am using rockchip batch tool V1.3 (RKBatchTool.exe) http://www.mediafire.com/?yi8hi5e4baq38mu
but not installed those drivers, but downloaded android sdk tools so my msc vid and pid are different

Code:
[Language]
Kinds=2
Selected=2
LangPath=Language\

Lang1File=Chinese.ini
Lang1FontName=
Lang1FontSize=9
Lang1Tag=CHN
Lang1CHNTitle=Chinese
Lang1ENGTitle=Chinese

Lang2File=English.ini
Lang2FontName=
Lang2FontSize=9
Lang2Tag=ENG
Lang2CHNTitle=English
Lang2ENGTitle=English

[System]
RKUSB_VID=
RKUSB_PID=
MSC_VID=0x0bb4
MSC_PID=0x0c02

FORCEFLAG=FALSE
FORMATFLAG=FALSE
COPYFLAG=FALSE
PARAMMODIFYFLAG=FALSE
LOGFLAG=TRUE
SUPPORTLOWUSB=FALSE

DEFAULT_FIRMWARE=
DEFAULT_COPYPATH=
DISKVOLUME=
UID_STRING=ROCKCHIP

MSC_WAITTIME=30
RKUSB_WAITTIME=20

Last edited:

pasdf91aew

Dec 14, 2011
It latest official 0919 firmware for Aoson M12 with ROM 512Mb?
I can not register on chinese forum :(
Link hidden to download firmware.
Discussion of Aoson M12
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

ogjk941uty

Dec 15, 2011
1. With the tablet shutdown press and hold "MENU" Key and only then connect USB cable to pc, wait 3 secs and release "Menu" key.
2. The windows system will detect new usb device, please correct windows version driver in unzip folder from RKTOOL. (i think this only works in 32bits versions)
3- After usb device install ok, run RKBatchTool.exe
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

cheex

Dec 15, 2011
Hi guys, thinking of buying one of these. the videos look good and reviews were also good. Till i found this site and started to wonder. Any other positive/negitive reviews please?

jeneva

Dec 9, 2011
Hi guys, thinking of buying one of these. the videos look good and reviews were also good. Till i found this site and started to wonder. Any other positive/negitive reviews please?

its not too bad if u dont change to those high battery usage ROMs. if u are looking to read only, it can last up to 8 hrs. That's for my case only :)

i just ordered a portable powerbank for standby if the tablet totally drained while using outside..

cheex

Dec 15, 2011
its not too bad if u dont change to those high battery usage ROMs. if u are looking to read only, it can last up to 8 hrs. That's for my case only :)

i just ordered a portable powerbank for standby if the tablet totally drained while using outside..

Thanks for your input, battery life is not a big deal... i dont have a life and with two kids i probably wont get much extended time with it. I just was wondering how reliable it was, and could you see this single core unit supporting 3.2 or ICS someday? or is it stuck in 2.3?

i am so close to popping on this just dont want to make the same mistake i made with my ZT-180 that wifi overheated and it was basically junk. (IMHO)

jeneva

Dec 9, 2011
Thanks for your input, battery life is not a big deal... i dont have a life and with two kids i probably wont get much extended time with it. I just was wondering how reliable it was, and could you see this single core unit supporting 3.2 or ICS someday? or is it stuck in 2.3?

i am so close to popping on this just dont want to make the same mistake i made with my ZT-180 that wifi overheated and it was basically junk. (IMHO)

u can take a look at this...

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich coming on Rockchip RK2918not too sure if its reliable news...

cheex

Dec 15, 2011
Thanks Jeneva, I hope ICS is as fast as that video shows. how much heavier is 4.0 then 3.2?

jbk

Dec 27, 2011
Hi!
i post this earlier in other forum.

But i will post also here.
This a very good tablet. But it seens very hard to find support in english.

From the deepest chinese forums i present you .. the firmware :)

Please download this 2 files:

Firmware M12 tablet:
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672545471

RKTOOLS ENGLISH LANGUAGE
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2672867241

How to:

Unzip M12_TABLET_firmware_20110903.rar
Unzip RKTOOL.rar

1. With the tablet shutdown press and hold "MENU" Key and only then connect USB cable to pc, wait 3 secs and release "Menu" key.
2. The windows system will detect new usb device, please correct windows version driver in unzip folder from RKTOOL. (i think this only works in 32bits versions)
3- After usb device install ok, run RKBatchTool.exe

4. Device should be detect "GREEN"
7_201109301743355P6B8.png

5. Open firmware img file.

6. Press Restore button.

7. Wait until tablet restart and starts restoring the system.

8. Wait until it finish and is done.

I hope this help !!

I have here other firmwares.
Rooted firmware
And SDK 2.0 Firmware Honeycomb UI :D :D

But i havent tested yet..
i will post soon..

Hi, tried to download your rar and follow till step 6 and press Restore, i got message said "no device found", what's wrong? Although I can see 2 new drives were mounted (but were emptied).

Ciscoluv

Jan 17, 2012
I'm just so glad that I took my Kindle Fire back to Wal-Mart, got a refund and purchased the Elijah M12 ... I'm a happy camper now ... The M12 just blows the Kindle Fire out of the way, just awesome ....