9742 MBR problems and such post here.

ktfiber1

Mar 24, 2013
This worked great. Just some people may find another file list as gt8011_2plus1.ko, i removed it as well and just replaced gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko only and I had both XY axis and camera problem solved. Worked but don't forget to save the original files before replacing, just in case....

How to solve the problem with the inverted touchscreen axis:
If you want to continue with google play, first install the Cfw as explained by Steev here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kyros-9742-rooted-deodexed-google-play-8.html or ignore it.

Ok, so what's is the cause of the problem? Somehow the first MID9742-8 and GT-P6210 uses the same hardware but the new MID9742-8 don't. So what happened then? The android system is pointing to a wrong driver.
To fix it you will need a file manager like root explorer: Root Explorer v2.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Rijon Miah
You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.
After it, reboot your tablet and it will work as it should be. Don't forget to backup the files first.
I'm with google play and the right drivers now.

Geoh

Mar 29, 2013
hi I have a problem after I rooted and installed google play in my 9742 I can't switch to the camera in the back when I'm using Skype (the one in the front its working) pls help!!!

rabbitsoul

Apr 23, 2013
How to solve the problem with the inverted touchscreen axis:
If you want to continue with google play, first install the Cfw as explained by Steev here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kyros-9742-rooted-deodexed-google-play-8.html or ignore it.

Ok, so what's is the cause of the problem? Somehow the first MID9742-8 and GT-P6210 uses the same hardware but the new MID9742-8 don't. So what happened then? The android system is pointing to a wrong driver.
To fix it you will need a file manager like root explorer: Root Explorer v2.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Rijon Miah
You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.
After it, reboot your tablet and it will work as it should be. Don't forget to backup the files first.
I'm with google play and the right drivers now.

hello, I have a problem with the wifi,I can connect that button does not change to "yes". My tablet is MID9742-8
Do you know wahts the module for wifi?

maboy

Apr 27, 2013
Sounds like your drivers, in this case most likely like your windows, see what drivers should be loading, then check and make sure they are loading.

hi i have problem with my 9742, i accidentally rename the driver of the touch screen driver, now the touch screen is not working i can't click any on my tablet, please help me on how to reflash or restore my tablet on the stock firmware and modify. i can't access also the root of the tablet using my pc cause i can't click the use USB Mode on my tablet.

please email me the procedure or please post here.

Thanks in Advance.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
ever since I rooted my Coby Kyros 9742 my wifi doesn't work.Please help!!

You are basically out of luck, the latest versions of Coby gen 3 tablets are coming with realtek wifi, while the older tablets came with broadcom wifi. Unless the unlikely chance you made a dump before you used livesuite in that case restore your dump.

Last edited:

BooBoo67

Apr 26, 2013
No. I didn't make a dump before.The wifi comes on and just says wifi turning on but it never does.Oh we'll guess I am screwed until some computer whiz helps me.But thanks for the response.

BooBoo67

Apr 26, 2013
You guys have been a big help just by reading your posts I figured out how to make my camera work and also reverted my axis back.That was a big help.Maybe one day someone might figure something out.You guys rock!!!

maboy

Apr 27, 2013
hi, i have problem with my 9742, i accidentally rename the driver of the touch screen driver, now the touch screen is not working i can't click any on my tablet, please help me on how to reflash or restore my tablet on the stock firmware and modify. i can't access also the root of the tablet using my pc cause i can't click the use USB Mode on my tablet.

Thanks in Advance.

H E L P!!!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
hi, i have problem with my 9742, i accidentally rename the driver of the touch screen driver, now the touch screen is not working i can't click any on my tablet, please help me on how to reflash or restore my tablet on the stock firmware and modify. i can't access also the root of the tablet using my pc cause i can't click the use USB Mode on my tablet.

Thanks in Advance.

H E L P!!!

Traveller1701,
Gave you the best response already.

maboy

Apr 27, 2013
Pull a copy of the file from your system dump and push it to the tablet using ADB. Then set permissions and reboot.

thanks i'll try, what is the command to set permissions using ADB.

is it the tablet ON or in a hard reset screen? sorry i'm just a newbie here.

thanks..

Last edited:

maboy

Apr 27, 2013
error: device not found, USB debugging not configure before I accidentally rename the file driver.