9742 Stock and Custom ROM

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The touchscreen no longer functions because the hardware in your tablet is different from the hardware the stock ROM was based on (mine). The fact you installed the stock ROM at all tells me you did not make a system dump of the tablet before you attempted to put Google Play on it. Without that dump, there's no way to revive the touchscreen, unless one of the existing system dumps happens to use the same touchscreen driver.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
As posted by Traveller1701, unless you made a backup you might not be able to fix your tablet, you are welcome to search through the dumps uploaded by other users who backed up their tablet and shared those backups to see if they fix your problems.

Anyway good luck.

user012211

Jan 8, 2013
As posted by Traveller1701, unless you made a backup you might not be able to fix your tablet, you are welcome to search through the dumps uploaded by other users who backed up their tablet and shared those backups to see if they fix your problems.

Anyway good luck.

OK thank you both for that, can you guys provide some links or sites where i can find dumps? i cant find any by goggling it

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You apparently didn't read the sticky posts in this subforum either or you wouldn't be asking that question and wouldn't have installed the stock ROM from this thread to begin with.

user012211

Jan 8, 2013
I apologize about that sir. but now i got the system dump or the stock dump rather but i dunno what to do with it.. how can i place this in my tablet.. please bear with a noobie like me

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The Development Index and Root Utility sticky post is not a post that simply can be skimmed. It must be read, because there is a lot of information within it and a lot of links that get missed if it isn't properly read. For example, you found the dumps, but missed the link that leads to Vampirefo's thread on how to restore using the system dump.

Everything you need to know is within the sticky.

rabbitsoul

Apr 23, 2013
The Development Index and Root Utility sticky post is not a post that simply can be skimmed. It must be read, because there is a lot of information within it and a lot of links that get missed if it isn't properly read. For example, you found the dumps, but missed the link that leads to Vampirefo's thread on how to restore using the system dump.

Everything you need to know is within the sticky.

Some fix for the wifi problem?? please
:(

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
What WiFi problem? If you mean no WiFi at all, there's no guaranteed fix unless you made a system dump. This issue is caused by Coby changing the hardware inside the tablet on multiple occasions. If you didn't make a system dump one of the other dumps already in the Development Index sticky may be able to cure your problem, but because of the hardware changes Coby makes the chances of a successful resolution to your issue are not terribly high.

AndroidCake

Jan 1, 2011
Howdy all,

Late to the game and after attempting to install the custom rom and boot the tablet sticks on the colby logo. Back to clockwork to restore my backup and it fails on /system.

9742 rooted with ADB util
-System dump available via ADB util
-image backup via clockwork

suggestions?

Thanks,

~AC

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Restore using the system dump you made. We have a thread explaining how to do this linked in the sticky posts.

AndroidCake

Jan 1, 2011
Restore using the system dump you made. We have a thread explaining how to do this linked in the sticky posts.

I assumed that was my best option but without the ability to mount USB (errors out file missing) I was unsure how I could apply the system dump via clockwork.

Thanks,

~AC

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
I have a coby 9742 trying to figure out the wifi wont work i have tried every rom i have found on the internet cant get it to work, i figure its a driver issue, the funny thing is I have another coby 9742 and have cwm on both i did a back up and restored it on the other system with no luck i guess different hardware because it doesnt work right, i am just about to give up , i would like to even go back to stock but cant find the right rom .

for cwm I used 9740 signed zip worked perfect

9742_Mobiz_V.2.zip is the best working rom so far but the wifi wont work

vampirefo I appreciate all the helpful information you have given about the coby 9742 , i hope you can help me fix this issue on my wifi not working, I have tried every possibility , my only conculsion is the there are 3 different versions of the 9742 and my luck I have 2 different ones lol.

Moderator Note: Spamming the thread with multiple posts in quick succession is bad form. It makes the thread difficult to read, so in the future please use the edit function to add information to your existing post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You didn't make a system dump of each tablet before you went and installed the Mobiz ROM, did you. The libraries (drivers) are in the system dump and need to be copied to the Mobiz ROM. This is the only way to ensure the ROM works on all versions of the 9742.