9742 Stock and Custom ROM

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have a coby 9742 trying to figure out the wifi wont work i have tried every rom i have found on the internet cant get it to work, i figure its a driver issue, the funny thing is I have another coby 9742 and have cwm on both i did a back up and restored it on the other system with no luck i guess different hardware because it doesnt work right, i am just about to give up , i would like to even go back to stock but cant find the right rom .

for cwm I used 9740 signed zip worked perfect

9742_Mobiz_V.2.zip is the best working rom so far but the wifi wont work

vampirefo I appreciate all the helpful information you have given about the coby 9742 , i hope you can help me fix this issue on my wifi not working, I have tried every possibility , my only conculsion is the there are 3 different versions of the 9742 and my luck I have 2 different ones lol.

Moderator Note: Spamming the thread with multiple posts in quick succession is bad form. It makes the thread difficult to read, so in the future please use the edit function to add information to your existing post.

Traveller1701's post is 100% correct, I am not home as I travel for work during the week there is no easy fix for this well there is one make a system dump before making any modifications. Now you have to do it the long time consuming way, split the boot.img see what if is there, split the bootloader see the info there run log cat, run dmesg alot of work.

Anyway good luck.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
thanks for the info , Traveller1701's you mentioned copy the driver files into the new rom, is the folder name drivers, I rufuse to give up lol, but i am limited tech savy, but I will try everyday till I figure this out. I tried copying drivers from dump files into the new rom and still no luck , the messed up thing is i bought 2 tablets at the same time but one of them i did a warentee exchange so that was probable a different software version , so when I do the cw mod recovery from the other system it doesnt work at all, Vampirefo I will be willing to do all those things to resolve this issue, now its become a project for me and I reuse to give up, there is no rush but I hope you can guide me somewhat to try and get this issue resolved, its sad to see the new rom rooted and all running so smooth but with no wifi lol. thanks again for all the support and will be trying this everyday till I fix it .

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
can you send me the "libs" directory wifi file for the 9742 maybe I a can put it in the folder, would be to easy but its worth a try.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
There are at least three different variants of the 9742. Besides, the sticky posts in this forum have a library of system dumps where you can get the files from. Start downloading.

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
How can I tell between the different version roms, and I am not to familiar with this forum , where would those dumps be. Thanks for the advice, I will try replacing the libs folder to get the wifi to work , I noticed that the your rom has a Bluetooth switch on/off but the other 9742 doesn't it just has a wifi on/off.

Ricky405jr

Feb 23, 2013
Difference in build.prop date you can know the rom. The dumps are as stated by Traveller1701 in the sticky posts.

Sent from my CM9 Coby 8042 Kyros using Tapatalk 4 Beta Again

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
While tablet is booting
adb shell
dmesg > /sdcard/dmesg.text

Then upload dmesg.text

Also upload bootloader.img and boot.img

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A ICS Android Tablet

atria1971

Aug 28, 2013
Anway i can sent this tablet to one of you for this wif fi fix, I realy wanna give this to my daughter for school but with no wifi its useless.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
with the adb shell I have been trying to get into it , I have used livesuite wont that conflict.
Using LiveSuite means there's absolutely no way to get the tablet back to the state it was in when you bought it, because LiveSuite rewrites everything. Half the time it bricks the tablet it's being used on, but that's another discussion. At this point, since you used LiveSuite, the only advice I will give you is to contact Coby and see if they'll let you exchange the tablets.