A Capacitive Touch Huawei S7 Variant Arrives?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010

The Huawei Ideos S7 is one of the best Android tablets in the market today. The above video from Huawei is the promotion video of a capacitive mulitouch variant.

So far, there only has been a resistive touch variant that is most readily available at Best Buy. Despite only shipping with Android 2.1, it has full phone and 3G data functionality (AT&T) via SIM card. There are also rumors of a pending Android 2.2 upgrade in early 2011.

With a capacitive multitouch variant, it might become much more attractive to many who wrote this off because of the touchscreen. Now it is poised to become the least expensive 7" data and phone capable Cortex A8 resistive and capacitive touch Android tablet on the market. The Huawei S7 uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC present in many other Android devices such as the HTC Nexus One, Evo, and Desire.

Makes us wonder when this thing is going to be available.

Here is a video of the thing in action, from Mobileforum RU (Russian):

Thanks to npmt for digging up the video. Discussion continues here. Our dedicated Huawei forum is here: Huawei Tablets

Last edited by a moderator:

mpit52

Aug 10, 2010
This sounds good. Will try to keep updated on this one. :) Should be cheaper then the Ink

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So I cant find anything on this from Huawei. I am wondering if it is the regular device running multi-touch? There are a couple of beta apps for MT on resistive screens out there.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The video of the actual device seems to be capacitive touch to me.
It looks like it has an axis flipping issue though.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
I have been trying to find more info on the capacitive S7; found an interesting tidbit; more of a rumour for now since no confirmation yet but;

<<From what I've read, I think it might also be available with a 1Ghz CPU, capacitive screen, and with only wireless data (no mobile data), but I haven't seen any definitive proof of the different flavors of the S7...>>

SOURCE: S7 rooted! - Huawei S7 Android Tablet Support Forum - eXpansys UK