A case of disaster recovery !

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you Dave, Give me a few I have to feed the horses, dogs and such, be back in about 30
Jaye

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
ok Dave installed vegan pershoot, and gapps went back to main cw menu and selected reboot, It too me back to the cw main menu

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
ok Dave installed vegan pershoot, and gapps went back to main cw menu and selected reboot, It too me back to the cw main menu
Did you read post #30 ?

It took you back to the cwm menu because you selected 'Reboot into Recovery'

Now, there are three ways you can try to recover:

Method 1> in CWM, do 'data wipe/factory reset' then select 'Reboot System Now' in CWM main menu. If that does not work, try method 2.

Method 2> In CWM repeat the installation of those two files, then select 'Reboot System Now' in CWM main menu. If that does not work, try method 3

Method 3> Start the nvflash process again, as described in Post #1 and Post #13.

Dave

P.S. You must try to read and double check any step before taking action. Or you are wasting everyone's times, including yours; not to mention that you would brick your tablet beyond repair.

Last edited:

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave and all that have helped. yes I did read # 30 my cw main menu says reboot system now, my cw does have a reboot recovery but it is under advanced. I used the one that is above apply sd card. I am following your directions as you give them to me. Is it possible I am missing a download? I know that when I use the old directions, there were more steps. When I reboot I get a little note in the top left that says booting into recovery kernel, step 1 did not work will try step 2 I am not trying to waste anyones time.
Jaye
Update I reflashed, and I did notice it took longer this time. When it was done it rebooted in tapntap. I then went into cw and loaded the 2 files. I hope it worked this time I have been looking at the 3 birds for about 10 mins. For all you NOOBs If you have to NVFLASH as I have learned it does not always work correctly the first time. !!!

Last edited:

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
No after I reflashed it went to the birds for about an hour. I then shut it off and recovered into cw. I am back to tapntap. do you think I should try downloading another rom? could the vegan download be bad? maybe reboot before I try gapps? I got spoiled with Vegan I will stay with tapntap if I have to but would rather not.
Thank you again I really am trying to follow each an every step.
Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Alright, let's regroup and plan it out again.

I need to know something here:
1> Are you at stock 1.2.4349 ? Go to setting ---> About phone, and get the info.
2> Boot into cwm, is is version 3.0.2.8 rev 5?

Dave,

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Great ! Play with this TapNTap for a bit. Set up wifi and such.
We want to see if the tablet is working fine, ok?
I'll get back to you this afternoon and get you going.

Dave

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you before you go gan you rcommend a couple of roms so I can downlod in the mean time
Thx Jaye

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave wifi is set up, can get to internet and such all is working so far
will be in an out this afternoon, out this evening so if we miss each other I will be around on fri willk you ?
Thank you again Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Great, here is the plan for you and for this thread.
This is to make sure that your tablet can be flashed with one of the most stable & most functional with camera and full hw (GPU) accelerated rom's.
You can switch to another 1.2 bl rom later, but not now.

Before we start, I want you to print this page, and put a check mark on each item as you complete it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Section 1: Select and download a rom

I want to give you select one of the two greatest rom's:

Download Links:
Beastv2.2.1+ClemsyncomboGtab.zip: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
or
Clemsyn_Caulkinver6.zip: https://rapidshare.com/files/1095733302/Clemsyn_Caulkinver6.zip

Download just one file, not both, to avoid confusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Section 2: Flashing the rom.

If you have an external sd card in the tablet, remove it and boot into cwm:
2.1> On the cwm MAIN menu: do 'data/factory reset', and 'wipe cache partition'.
2.2> On the cwm ADVANCED menu: do "partition sd card', select 4096 on first screen, then 0 on the second screen and press 'Home' key to run. It'd take a few minutes to complete. Repeat the same 'partition sd card' then select 2048 on first screen and 0 on second screen and run it. MAKE SURE YOU DO IT IN THIS ORDER OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR TABLET.
2.3> On the cwm ADVANCED menu: do "wipe dalvik cache'
2.4> On the cwm MAIN menu, go to mount and storage and connect the tablet to PC. Copy the rom that you downloaded in Section 1 to the root of the sd card. When the copy is done, eject the tablet on the PC, and unmount on the tablet. Disconnect the cable.
2.5> On the cwm MAIN menu, select 'install zip from sdcard' and point it to the downloaded rom and run it.
2.6> When cwm complete flashing, do another 'data/factory reset' and "wipe dalvik cache'.
2.7> On the cwm MAIN menu, select reboot system now.

Section 3: After flashing.
Play with it, set up wifi, download apps, etc . . . then report back.

Dave

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave, folloed step by step, back to cw when rebooting there was alittle note top left reboot into kernel, so back to where I was
have to run any ideas we cantry on Friday if you are available
Thank you for your time Jaye

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
myzoo,

For all intents and purposes, this thread should have been closed after post #41.

Dave wifi is set up, can get to internet and such all is working so far
will be in an out this afternoon, out this evening so if we miss each other I will be around on fri willk you ?
Thank you again Jaye

At that point, I guided you to get your tablet from an unknown state to the working 1.2.4349 and cwm 3.0.2.8 rev 5. This is the base from which you can proceed to a custom rom.

I gave you everything you need in post #42.
I have nothing else to offer you.

For your best interest, you may want to nvflash to 4349 again and repeat post #42. Further questions that are related to a specific rom, post them in its particular thread. I did have threads created for both Beastv and Calkulin somewhere.

The fact that your tablet booted into recovery because you selected 'reboot into recovery'. You did not select 'reboot system now'. You can argue about it all you want, but you will not get any custom rom on your tablet if you continue doing your own way, and ignore instructions.

Best of lucks to you and look forward to see you on another thread.

Dave,

myzoo

Apr 6, 2011
Dave I did NOT boot into recovery I made sure I hit reboot now. The very first on menu. I downloaded the 1st rom. Do you think it could be the the NVFLASH that I have is from NV for dummies, with CW. I will try down loading the NVFLASH w/o the cw and then load cw. I will also try going back to 3588 to see if that works better for me. Thank you for all your help. Jaye
UPDATE I RELASHEH MAKEING SURE I USED 3588, CW FOR 3588, THEN VEGAN W/O THE PERSHOOT. IT OPEN TO VEGAN BUT i DO NOT KNOW IF i HAVE TO ADD PERSHOOT OR CLEMSYN, OR GAPPS SO IF ANY ONE CAN ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE JAYE

Last edited: