A Challenge

Helmutgarcia

May 17, 2011
Okay, here's the situation. I have the ViewSonic G-Tab, and it's rooted with a version of Froyo but I don't know for sure which version. I didn't do the rooting as I am so incapable of that level of computer work that I don't even have the ability to explain my ineptitude. Now, recently, my tablet just started popping up with the android.process.acore warning about ever three or four seconds. I can't open my settings, or contacts, but the internet and Yahoo Messenger worked just fine, except for having to force close acore all the time.

Anyway, I did some research and figured it would be the best time to re-root to HoneyCream. Now the problem is, in addition to my incapability, I'm currently in Afghanistan and won't be back to South Dakota for a couple of months and my internet here is sketchy at best. Also, my tech guy, the one who originally rooted my tablet worked for the internet provider here, which recently lost their contract, so is no longer here. Now I'm more than willing to give rooting a go myself if I had some detailed instructions on how to wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Now my qustion is, how do I do that? Suggestions?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Take a look for the Bottle of Smoke from Roebeet via Google. That should get you all the info you need including instructions and download links.
Sent from my Bottle of Smoke using Android Tablet Forum