A Complete Moron's Guide to 'Rooting' Your WM8650

RangerMD

Aug 27, 2011
This will not work on Froyo 1.5.1. Probably Z4Root has been prevented in the newer factory ROM.

Any alternative ROOT method (Besides UBEROID-which is surely fine, however, only got it a couple of days, happy with this rom (fixed market issue) and its speed, so not willing to reflash at this time point. A simple root is what I want.:confused:

Last edited:

luxe

Nov 20, 2011
Hey i did all you told me, download it Applanet, also z4root.
and did the temporal root, i tried to use the applanet app but it says a network problem has occur,
Can you help me to how to fix this.. thank you

I ahave an android tablet 2.2 WM8650 Froyo1.5.3

jdmcc

Oct 19, 2011
This will not work on Froyo 1.5.1. Probably Z4Root has been prevented in the newer factory ROM.

Any alternative ROOT method (Besides UBEROID-which is surely fine, however, only got it a couple of days, happy with this rom (fixed market issue) and its speed, so not willing to reflash at this time point. A simple root is what I want.:confused:

What do you mean when you say you fixed the market issue? What did you do?

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
I have just noticed that , Via tablets run live wallpaper but don't have the option . If you select widget you can only install wallpapers????

likbez

Dec 20, 2011
z4root always says "parse error..."
could you please advise how to back up the whole original ROM? already tired searching the forums and no answer found yet.
as recently purchased at the ebay this used MID 7" WonderMedia WM8650 tablet and the first what I wanted to do is backup the existing firmware (ROM) - in order to have possibility of recovery to factory firmware if something goes wrong in the future. But still can't any software which would backup the factory ROM for example to SD card. The TitaniumPro would perhaps backup, but it requires root despite SuperUser v3.0.7 is pre-installed and it says "no apps in list". Please help to sort out this simple, but very important task!

ztx1

Apr 7, 2012
For mostly mentioned problems with GREEN LED 7" TABLETS!!! (vibration, two points touch etc.)

TRY OPTION 26 ON UBEROID v11 beta3

I am a technological idiot. All I knew was that my new tablet did not work and it was mostly in Chinese - not a clue did I have how to fix it. The IT guy at work said it needs 'rooting' but didn't know how to do it.
I searched this website to try and find out how to 'root' my android- most threads I read might as well have been written in hieroglyphics (no offence meant).
So for anybody unfortunate to be as dumb as me here's how to do it :-
1. Go to Settings
i) Applications
ii)Unknown Sources - make sure there is a green tick (touch to change if not)
Return to main menu
2.Go to Browser
i) Search for Applanet
ii) Download - the download will appear in 'Notifications' (black drop down bar at the top)
iii) from Notifications, touch the download notification and Install
iv) Run Applanet
3. Return to Browser Search
i) Search for z4root
ii) Download (as above)
iii) as above
iv) Run z4root - it will give you 3 options, temporary root, permanent root or uninstall - take your pick.
4. There isn't one - you've done it.
Now you can download apps until you turn purple and explode.
I cannot take any credit for the above - Jani gave me the answer (cheers mate - if I'm ever in Finland I'll buy you a drink) I just did the idiot bit.

Last edited: