A couple of questions

kechamb

Mar 4, 2011
Just bought the vizio for my wife and have a couple of questions. first I know with my droid phone if it locks up I sometimes need to do a battery pull to fix and obviously you cannot do that on the vizio. If it does lock up how can you fix the problem. Next does anyone know what the screen is made of? I know Vizion uses gorrilla glass on other products and thought maybe the tablet screen was the same.

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
The tablet's glass is... well... glass. I don't know if it's "gorilla glass," whatever that is, but it is glass. And the absolute best and easiest thing to use to clean it? A microfiber cloth. In fact: My wife cut one up into four squares, each of which she's going to finish the cut edges on.

My tablet locked up on me, for the first time, last night. (Actually, if I'd chosen "kill," instead of "continue," when it told me the browser was locked-up, perhaps it wouldn't have.) I long-pressed the power/sleep button, shut it down, powered it back up and all was well.

Jim

kechamb

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply, hopefully will never have the problem but like to know in advance what to do. For your info Gorilla Glass is made by corning and is more "scratch resistant" that regular glass. I have it on my droid 2 and it is becoming popular with many different devices.

walrus

Dec 16, 2010
Like you I also have a OG Droid, and like my Droid I have found that you either need to reboot it or do a full power cycle, off then back on, I have been told that doing so clears the caches that you can't clear. I do not know if what I was told is correct or not but I do know that it works for you both of my droids and my vtab. Hope this helps you.

hardsell

Sep 19, 2011
is a lock up just a freeze or a more of a bsod?

my screen freezes every session I use it

I have _everything_ turned off but coolreader and that freezes no page turns either direction no getting to menu and then it snaps out of it on its own after 30? - 45? seconds and lets me read