A heap of problems with Ainol Tornado. Please help.

MortisLux

Jul 3, 2012
I bought Ainol Novo7 Tornado which came with ICS 4.0.3.

1. After a week of normal functioning, I started getting a lot of "not responding" messages from almost all apps, even though they were responsive.
2. Few day after that, the tablet started turning off at random about once a day. I could turn it back on again only after about 5 minutes have passed.
3. Then it started corrupting installed apps. They remained installed, but would no longer open. Also, files that I moved from my PC to the internal SD card got corrupted.

I did a factory reset and reinstalled only trusted apps with millions of downloads. It was ok for a few days and then all of the above happened again + 2 new problems.

4. While connected to the PC, as soon as I turned on data storage the internal SD card would unmount so I couldn't access the data.
5. The tablet won't even turn on unless it's charging. If I turn it on while charging and then unplug the cable, it immediately turns off.

I did a second factory reset but it fixed nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? And I was just starting to fall in love with this tablet... :(

david22

Oct 31, 2012
hi me too facing first day of purchase itself....
somebody told to upgrade to 4.0.4 but i am not able to upgrade
for upgrading we have to pres power button and - volume button.. that also not working
Launcher is not responding. Would you like to close it? - Ainol NOVO7 Tornados - Ainol Forum - THE forum for Ainol Android tablets.

very bad tablets
please tell me if u solved any issues

I bought Ainol Novo7 Tornado which came with ICS 4.0.3.

1. After a week of normal functioning, I started getting a lot of "not responding" messages from almost all apps, even though they were responsive.
2. Few day after that, the tablet started turning off at random about once a day. I could turn it back on again only after about 5 minutes have passed.
3. Then it started corrupting installed apps. They remained installed, but would no longer open. Also, files that I moved from my PC to the internal SD card got corrupted.

I did a factory reset and reinstalled only trusted apps with millions of downloads. It was ok for a few days and then all of the above happened again + 2 new problems.

4. While connected to the PC, as soon as I turned on data storage the internal SD card would unmount so I couldn't access the data.
5. The tablet won't even turn on unless it's charging. If I turn it on while charging and then unplug the cable, it immediately turns off.

I did a second factory reset but it fixed nothing. Is there anything I can do to fix this? And I was just starting to fall in love with this tablet... :(