A Little Project

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
So how is this going and have you heard anything about the jb source ?
The frequency table does not seem to agree with the system. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, because the first four frequencies are not in the table to begin with. There's very little documentation I can find on frequency scaling. Oddly, the N7 uses the same frequency table values, so go figure.

I haven't heard a peep from my contact. Maybe there's a bug they want to fix first :) .

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
The frequency table does not seem to agree with the system. I'm not sure how it's supposed to work, because the first four frequencies are not in the table to begin with. There's very little documentation I can find on frequency scaling. Oddly, the N7 uses the same frequency table values, so go figure.

I haven't heard a peep from my contact. Maybe there's a bug they want to fix first :) .

I was just messing around with some kernel stuff and the kitchen. I got everything setup on my computer I think lol. I'm first working on building a stockish jb ROM with init.d support so that I can run scripts on boot. I'm looking through some n7 ROMs to see what they are using. I know I at least want to add zipalign , sqlite , 4ext tweaks and fix permissions on boot. I'm also adding SuperSU by Chainfire and FX Explorer instead of the old su and ES File Explorer. You should check out FX Explorer. Its pretty nice for a free root file explorer. I use solid explorer but its a paid app but well worth the money.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
If I remember I'll take a look. The frequency steppings are a little confusing, but there is a max millivolt value for each cpu type.

Ok, I hate it when people don't get back to someone (I especially hate it when I do it). The max mV for the T30SL (e.g. A2109) is 1150, while for the T30L (e.g. N7) is 1237. Appropriate, because I am running into serious thermal issues. I had a slight hope of increasing the thermal cap; I may have to lower it :(.

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
Ok, I hate it when people don't get back to someone (I especially hate it when I do it). The max mV for the T30SL (e.g. A2109) is 1150, while for the T30L (e.g. N7) is 1237. Appropriate, because I am running into serious thermal issues. I had a slight hope of increasing the thermal cap; I may have to lower it :(.

Well the more you mess with it the more you'll learn. What do you use to decompile and recompile on Ubuntu? I use to use tommytomatoe's Android Utility but it doesn't work for ICS or JB apk's.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013

Thanks for the reply!

Seems like the T30SL really does consume less power than the T30L since the max voltage is less. I feel like setting the max voltage would be very difficult :( Anyway thanks for the information!

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Well the more you mess with it the more you'll learn. What do you use to decompile and recompile on Ubuntu? I use to use tommytomatoe's Android Utility but it doesn't work for ICS or JB apk's.

Since I'm strictly working with source, I don't have to worry about decompiling. If that were the case, it'd be totally hopeless. I use Eclipse for C/C++ but compile with gcc. I really need to learn how to use Eclipse, because I don't know how to use most of the standard IDE tools. A few things are obvious. There's a cool header browser that shows which header files are included (going back through each .h file and adding their headers as well). Also, there are several search functions, including one that uses an index of C types (function, enum, typedef, etc) that is really quick.

Today I logged a few thousand lines of output from adb logcat trying to figure out why the voltage control seems to be broken. I made some changes, and I can get Stability Test to iterate through the frequencies correctly, but the voltage control on System Tuner is borked. I'd blame the tool (it crashes on my JB install), but it works just fine with my phone. I'm going to have to keep doing things that aren't much fun to figure this one out.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Thanks for the reply!

Seems like the T30SL really does consume less power than the T30L since the max voltage is less. I feel like setting the max voltage would be very difficult :( Anyway thanks for the information!

Changing it is a piece of cake. Right now I have it at 1237 mV, but I'm going to drop it a bit and have the default max frequency at 1300, so if someone's tab crashes at 1600, they'll have to live with a lower frequency. That, or change the throttle temp, or probably both. I was running some tests that maxed out the cpu, and it locked up at 90C, which I believe is the max operating temp. That was a bit scary. I wonder about the thermal throttling implementation.