A Suggestion for a Vizio Update or App

maxxg

Oct 5, 2012
Seeing How the Adroid / VIZIO OS is of the Linux in nature , it only seems logical to have the ability to share the SD Storage with the Ram, say up to 2GB, in order to speed up the unit without the need to root the unit. It comes with 512NB of on board Ram , but most all of the is used up the basic working system or OS and built in apps. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the 2 units I have however this would be something to look into! ( I have added the 32 GB sd card. and there is plenty there to be shared.

I could go on and on about all the great features this unit has already, its just a shame it could not be somewhat faster!

So far I have been able to find most all accessories need via search the web, so that's no problem.

in any case this may also be something to consider on the New 10" they are working on and will be out soon hopefully, but if the 8" model could be beta tested for this it would possible boost the sales on both units!

regards,
Maxx

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Of course more RAM would probably help but I am pretty sure the limiting factor on the Vtab is the processor itself. Most of the RAM will go unused above a certain point because the CPU just isn't fast enough to utilize it. Since the Vizio OS is tightly locked down it isn't worth trying to figure out a way to allocate more RAM. First step would simply be getting root then custom ROMs based on pure Android then once that is stable and running as good as possible figuring out a way to allocate memory to be used as RAM might come into play. So it would sort of be like trying to land on Pluto, first you'd want to get back to the Moon and maybe go to Mars before you tried that.

The Vtab is long in the tooth at this point so a hardware update is really the only way we are going to see more performance out of a Vizio device.

JP