A tablet of North Korea: Operating System? A cousin of Android …

tabletsidea

Jul 24, 2012
Despite an almost total isolation, North Korea is not prepared to lose the train of new technologies, and has prepared a version of the tablet produced by the government, which will be distributed to university students. A tablet definitely out of step with the times, with a battery life of 5 hours and technical fallback, but it still shows the attention of the communist country for the latest technology.

In an effort that has seen use only the resources of the country (and close friend of China), the tablet is available in a free offer to a few carefully selected students, being careful to provide a device which can not still connect to the Internet and is charged video of the North Korean Communist Party and the speeches of the dear leader.
The operating system? A cousin of Android. Korea would in fact using the Red Flag, a distro of Linux developed in-house and which has already been used on desktop computers.

See it in Europe? Virtually impossible.

$achim-tablet-north-korea.jpg
Thanks Pic From phonearena.com

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Figured the cousin would be Linux since android is based off of Linux.
Glad they aren't selling them outside of NK, outside of China and maybe Russia they would probably get a very cold reception.

Sent from my A1_07 using Tapatalk 2

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Dunno... if it is ONLY Linux.. I'd think about it.
Seriously.
Ive wanted to dump ANDROID from most of my CHINESE tablets for some time.... only when I got 'TINY' with ICS have I started LIKING Android.

That's not QUITE true... once I got a TRUE Gingerbread I started liking it more... but not as much as ICS.
:D