A task killer that works

Needtoknow

Oct 3, 2011
I would like to find a task killer that works anyone know of one? I am thinking about mobo task killer pro does anyone have it? I have had battery Dr and juice defender they didn't work.

I have read that task killers will damage your tab is that true?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What browser and OS? If you are on Gingerbread+ with at least 512MB you shouldn't need a task-killer at all IMO...

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sorry, I meant "what tablet and OS". So if you have a 7125 you are on Gingerbread already, no need for a task killer in my opinion. If you think your device becomes sluggish after some time, you may want to install V6 Supercharger instead, but it requires enabling root on tablet.

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Fwiw I don't use a task killer. What I do use is autokiller memory. It lets you set a preset and be done with it. Just changes the way android uses memory and marks thinks ready to close... great program and one of my must have apps. But u must be rooted to use it.

Also, if u are rooted the must have apps for me are;

Root explorer
Autokiller memory
Titanium backup
Adfree
Juice defender ultimate (only use on my phone)
Cachemate (again only on my phone)

Sent from my rooted, baked, Gingerbread rocking Kyros MID1024

afonsolage

Oct 27, 2011
Man!!! you have 512 MB and are worried about it?? If you have 512 MB you should use 512 MB, not use only 200 MB or 300 MB. If your SO has only 50 mb left and you need to play a game witch need 100 MB, don't worry, Android will take it from who isn't needed!

Thats amazing no?

So relax and use you tablet, don't worry with your memory, unless you have a alzheimer tablet/phone (like my Milestone, 256 MB :( )

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
So sad we talk like this.... my first computer had 16mb of ram. When I sold them for dell 11 years ago, 128mb was common and 512 was overkill.... then again the processors were half of what comes in these tablets.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
So sad we talk like this.... my first computer had 16mb of ram. When I sold them for dell 11 years ago, 128mb was common and 512 was overkill.... then again the processors were half of what comes in these tablets.

My first computer have green monitor and will boot up to basic...

Sent from my typewriter.

eruby

May 17, 2011
Commodore VIC 20 with 5K memory booting into basic using a B&W TV as a screen.
Upgraded to a Commodore 64 with a whopping 64K memory.:eek:

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Same tab we're looking at, hubby wants 512 in memory, and the other features of it are great too. I remember the TI-99 4/a Basic, that was the first computer I ever worked on. Had an Amiga 600 as my first computer, hubby had the Commodore 64, man those were the days eh? So on topic, does Gingerbread have a way to end processes/apps or do you have to reboot to end one if there is a problem? New to this but pretty excited about it. :)

Pickupman66

Oct 2, 2011
Pamster. If you have es taskmanager installed you can use that to end the process or if another launcher is used besides the stock one. I use nemus Launcher and it has one included. I also use autokiller memory and I hover around the 180mb free.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
So if you have a 7125 you are on Gingerbread already, no need for a task killer in my opinion.

I completely agree with lfom, but if you have your heart set on getting a task killer I'd get TaskKiller free, obvious from the name it's free on the Market. I have it installed and it works great. I haven't used it in the past 6 months, but if I ever need it to stop something that's gone crazy, it's there. Have fun!:cool:

https://market.android.com/details?...t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS50bmkuVGFzS2lsbGVyIl0.

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
Same tab we're looking at, hubby wants 512 in memory, and the other features of it are great too. I remember the TI-99 4/a Basic, that was the first computer I ever worked on. Had an Amiga 600 as my first computer, hubby had the Commodore 64, man those were the days eh? So on topic, does Gingerbread have a way to end processes/apps or do you have to reboot to end one if there is a problem? New to this but pretty excited about it. :)

Yes, ES Task Manager is a task killer, and Norton Utilities (from the Market) has a task killer. I also had a TI-99/4A, but my first commercial machine was an IBM 1401 maxed out at 16K memory!