A testament to the durability of the vtab and what I am thankful for today :)

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
Busy getting Thanksgiving dinner ready heading downstairs with my hands full I watched in slow motion as my vtab went tumbling down our at least 15 hard wood floors all the way to the bottom.

The first hit my tablet came out of the case (vizio brand) and then another couple of hits it landed. It was so hard that it even knocked my sd card out.

I knew for sure it was gone and since it landed face down I expected the screen to be cracked - not so! All that happened was the back had separated from the front. I was able to snap it back together and aside from a couple small scuff marks you can barely tell anything happened

So today I am thankful for the durability of my vtab :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
faithalone,

Glad your VTAB survived! Hope you're not planning on doing that again. :eek:

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
My wife dropped hers, from between waist and chest height, I'm guessing, onto stone-littered asphalt, two or three weeks ago. Hers is also in a Vizio portfolio type case. It must've landed on its edge on a small stone, because it chipped or dented (hard to tell) the edge, just outboard of the speaker, and dented-in the speaker grill a bit. (This is on the edge where the connectors are.) Otherwise the tablet appears unaffected.

Jim

gjhuff

Oct 30, 2011
The portfolio case is a good investment. It has saved me at least 1/2 dozen times already.