A Thrive Newbee for less the 24h

dnargsiefil

Jul 11, 2011
Hi,
I had the family agree to get daddy a new toy... well after a lot of research and waiting I decided on the Thrive because of all the ports. It just makes the most sense to me in being a "light weight" replacement for one of my laptops I have to travel every week with.
Now I played around with it and got most of my apps reloaded (being a Droid X owner since it came out).
First I thought that video call via skype will be just right there... being all tablets are coming with the front facing camera now, however that was not the case... :( I read that the video call for skype is coming out soon for selected android tablets.
Also read something that Facebook is having its chat video call enabled via skype.

Do you guys have more inforamtion on this, or do you know af an app whihc would support video chat today... The family is going on vacation in August and I was going to use the thrive for video calling back to the states...

Thanks

token2k6

Jul 11, 2011
wait, why can't you just load up the Talk! app? I suppose that only limits you to people using Google Chat, but its a start..

dnargsiefil

Jul 11, 2011
i had started this yesterday and my son's pc setup with google talk did not let me do video call...so there is some more i have to check out...any advice is appreciated.

Jakesaturn

Jul 11, 2011
for tablets you should try the aforementioned google talk ... I used it with a friend who has an IPAD2.... Mostly he was just telling me how "inferior" my thrive was...lol good times though Ihave a thrive as well

lhandlts

Jul 5, 2011
On the pc, did you install the gtalk plug-in? It'll need that to enable the feature. The green status symbol on the PC account will change from just a circle to a video camera icon.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum