A word of warning!!!

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
(As evidenced on my pad....)

If you insert an EXTERNAL TF card into the slot, and the device cannot read it, it may offer to FORMAT IT for you.

DO NOT LET IT!!!

It will NOT format the EXTERNAL TF slot, but the INTERNAL 'Local-disk' STORAGE INSTEAD!!!
AFTER THAT, you will not get access to the EXTERNAL TF (cause it is a subfolder of the 'local')...

It will require a FACTORY RESTORE in order to get it back!!!

Just FYI... :rolleyes:

(Fortunately I saved off Big Buck Bunny long before this!)
:D

Last edited:

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011

If you insert an EXTERNAL TF card into the slot, and the device cannot read it, it may offer to FORMAT IT for you.

DO NOT LET IT!!!

It will NOT format the EXTERNAL TF slot, but the INTERNAL 'Local-disk' STORAGE INSTEAD!!!
AFTER THAT, you will not get access to the EXTERNAL TF (cause it is a subfolder of the 'local')...

That's good to know!

I am not sure on my other tablets, but it took me a few times to get the microSD card orientated correctly to fit into the slot, seems like on the eGlide Pro XL II the card goes in upside down. The first time I tried inserting the card I thought "crap" the slot was messed up. flipped the card over and in went in nice and smooth. The card was the first thing I looked for after my 'drop and shock' test. :rolleyes: Was afraid it might have ejected itself on impact, but it did not.

Todd

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
The only device Ive had that got thing 'backard' was the 7" Chinese netbooks ... where the SD card (full size... uh huh) went in 'label-down'.
Well, that and the POS camera I have...

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
*** I no longer believe the original post is COMPLETELY TRUE ***

I BELIEVE that, under Settings STORAGE you can do a DATA FORMAT that will replace the folders, etc and reinable the TF and USBs...
Tho I dont intend to find out unless I MUST!!! :eek:

fjgt1982

Oct 17, 2012

DO NOT LET IT!!!

I have the problem you say, even I'm asking in a post called big problem, I can not install anything because it tells me I need space.

That's not true as I have 2 gigs of memory and now that I think when I had deleted sd memory inside.

I did a factory reset and I do not fixed anything, I have a new xl pro2 that every time I turn it on by default comes with everything.

and can not find where to update or drivers and the official website does not help.

Sorry my English use google.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
UPDATE:

The data format (Nand format) in SETTINGS/STORAGE does NOT replace the folders, but DOES ENABLE the TF/USB access.

the COMPLETE FACTORY RESTORE is required for the return of the folders that were there... tho 'important' ones like Music, Video can be 'made by hand'.

fjgt1982

Oct 17, 2012
... and says you have 0, correct?

Do what I suggested below... go to SETTINGS/STORAGE and look at the bottom of the 'page' for Nand data format, or some such...
THAT will properly reformat the INTERNAL 'hard drive' and should show 2.29gb or so of free space...

That should straighten it out for you! :D

As you can see I put 0, I did factory reset I formatted the sd and nothing is always so, so not even let me install apk and whenever I turn on the tablet comes with a manufacturing defect.

not save anything or language or connections etc. ..

and to do the factory reset to start out the doll lying android and a triangle, but off and on again and load normally disappears.

fjgt1982

Oct 17, 2012
... and says you have 0, correct?

Do what I suggested below... go to SETTINGS/STORAGE and look at the bottom of the 'page' for Nand data format, or some such...
THAT will properly reformat the INTERNAL 'hard drive' and should show 2.29gb or so of free space...

That should straighten it out for you! :D

As you can see I put 0, I did factory reset I formatted the sd and nothing is always so, so not even let me install apk and whenever I turn on the tablet comes with a manufacturing defect.

not save anything or language or connections etc. ..

and to do the factory reset to start out the doll lying android and a red triangle, but off and on again and load normally disappears.

$problema.jpg

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Please delete these and keep the XL Pro 2 in THAT thread. thanks!