A1 Software Update

lkreykes

Jan 28, 2012
Hello all, I have the IdeaPad A1, and when I first got it, the GPS Navigation did not work. It could never find me. But since the new update, I have noticed a lot of good things. First, I noticed the wifi and battery icons in the top right look a little different, maybe a little easier to read. Second, the stock "Android keyboard" has been fixed so it's NOT 1" tall on the screen, but auto correct seems to still not work. To fix that, I recommend getting the Android 2.3 keyboard off the market. That or perfect keyboard. Both are nice if you don't want to use Go Keyboard for Lenovo. Third, my navigation works!! It can actually find me now! I'm yet to see if the new version of maps still crashes the device, I will post that later. Fourth, I also noticed that some spelling errors have been cleaned up, like when checking for system updates, its in proper English and doesn't say "please waiting for a moment" anymore. So far that's about all I have noticed. If you haven't done so already, go to menu>settings>about tablet>system updates and let it find the update. Then install it. It does look a little suspicious with the bad grammar, but its legit.
Other than that, I abselutely love this tablet. I have put go launcher ex and the theme ICS on it and its funny to fool people ;)
Happy tableting, lkreykes.

*EDIT: I updated maps, it hasn't crashed yet! Try it out with the new update and tell us if it still crashes for you.

Last edited:

PiemJi

Jun 4, 2011
I updated last weeks and was able to update MAPS from 5.8 to 6.3, with no ill effect. :)

riverlue

Mar 26, 2012
Dear kreykes and PiemJi

What is your Lenovo A1 Firmware Version? I Also Suffer Rebooting Issue Caused by Google Map 6.0+.
But I Have Ever Update Firmware, Not Work...So, Can You Guys Give me your Firmware Version for Comparison.
Thanks a Lot!!

PiemJi

Jun 4, 2011
My build number (after the update) is.... A107W0_A234_001_015_2643_US

If you cannot get an update to 2643... then go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All / Maps / Uninstall Updates.

after you uninstall the map updates you should be back to version 5.8... and then do not update maps until you have updated the firmware to 2643.

riverlue

Mar 26, 2012
Dear PiemJi

Thanks a Lot,
My Built Number is A107W0_A234_001_014_2525_ROW. I Think I Should Update Firmware to A107W0_A234_001_015_2643_ROW.
Before That I Always Use Google Map v5.7, No Rebooting Happen.

ZornStorm

May 4, 2012
I updated last weeks and was able to update MAPS from 5.8 to 6.3, with no ill effect. :)

I hate to ask such a simple question but I have 2 Lenovo IdeaPad A1 Tablets that my wife and daughter use nightly. How do I update them? I am sure neither one has updated the firmware.

jpisini

Dec 29, 2011
Go to settings about tablet there should be an option there. You could also install the latest CM7 it is very good. Do a search for ideapad A1 at the XDA forums.

alejo1800

Apr 4, 2012
I've got a little problem,i need the drivers to root my tablet but i don't know were to find them

Sent from my A1_07 using Android Tablet

alejo1800

Apr 4, 2012
Can someone upload the drivers or can tell me how to root in an easier way? Im using superoneclick 2.2

Sent from my A1_07 using Android Tablet