A100 and lousy video playbook

bishop793

Oct 2, 2011
Hello. I just purchased this from best buy for 189.00 (great price). But I have to say I am not too impressed so far. All video playback is choppy. I have tried a number of video players and dowloaded respective codecs, but to no avail. How is it that a dual core processor cant handle a simple mp4 file? My Coby 7022 plays so far plays all mp4 files flawlessly and smoothly.

Also, it doesnt play some games. It told me that it was not designed to play Asphalt 5, which is strange to me because it was offered in the tegra zone game app. I tried installing nova hd, but it froze. Any insights? Thanks.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I also had a problem at first with mp4 and found (I use Rockplayer) that if you enble hardware dcodeing they play great. However, you will probably find you wil need to disable it again for some other formats sucy as .avi. Hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

bishop793

Oct 2, 2011
thanks. downloaded rockplayer and enable hardware acceleration, still choppy. i read that one would need to convert the video in order for the the tegra 2 processor to play it smoothly, however i would convert a 2gig video file to a 4 gig file. seems like a lot to do seeing that this is a dual core tablet with honeycomb..

laguss4

Oct 4, 2011
Would love to know the outcome of this as I, too, got the A100 for my daughter for Christmas for $189.00...would hate to know this unit is a lemon. Should I be on the lookout for another 7" tablet at as good a price?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
Is not that is a lemon as is a very good tablet for the price. Is more of a video format issue.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

bishop793

Oct 2, 2011
Would love to know the outcome of this as I, too, got the A100 for my daughter for Christmas for $189.00...would hate to know this unit is a lemon. Should I be on the lookout for another 7" tablet at as good a price?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

i tried two avi files one 720p and one 1080p..on moboplayer, the 720 and 1080 was choppy. on rockplayer the 720 was fine but the 1080 was choppy. note that both players required a codec to be installed. no big deal since once u install the player, market lets u know that an update will need to be installed and guides u to it.

depending on what your daughter would be using it for, its seems to be a pretty decent ereader and for simple games (angry birds, etc) i was hoping for a pretty fast browser and for it to play movies in any format so wouldnt have to go through the hassle of using handbrake...