A100 ICS update

Jayspopp

Oct 21, 2011
Is there any consistancy regarding the OTA automatic update on the A100. Today is supposed to be the day!

Jayspopp

Oct 21, 2011
Is there anything that must be done to prepare for the update? How is the update delivered and what state does the device need to be in to accept the update or does it need to be activated by the device owner?

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Jayspopp said:
Is there anything that must be done to prepare for the update? How is the update delivered and what state does the device need to be in to accept the update or does it need to be activated by the device owner?

When it was available for my Sony S, it showed up when the tablet booted up. It was a simple yes, no, ask me later type thing. Nothing needs to be done to prepare for it. Nothing is lost in the update. Are you still waiting for yours too?

Jayspopp

Oct 21, 2011
Yes still waiting and thought Friday the 27th of April was the magical date. Oh well, I guess it will happen when it happens!
I'll keep you posted.

caducguy

Aug 10, 2011
May 5. Still waiting.
Received upgrade notice last night so installed it, successfully.
Restarted a100, no noticeable change. Checked version levels, still at 3.2.1
Any ideas? Similar experience? If not ice, what was the update.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
caducguy said:
May 5. Still waiting.
Received upgrade notice last night so installed it, successfully.
Restarted a100, no noticeable change. Checked version levels, still at 3.2.1
Any ideas? Similar experience? If not ice, what was the update.

My wife got her update yesterday. She hasn't noticed any defference either.

D

dvdcatalyst

Does that link need to be entered into a browser and which one?

1. check and see on your A100 if your device is running a gen2 version (in settings > about device). if not, this doesn't apply.

2. visit the XDA link on your computer, and at least read the post, and visit the links mentioned to get an idea of how and what.
3. download the gen1 firmware update from one of the links (SD_Acer_A100_2.007.04_COM_GEN1_full_user)
4. download and install 7zip from 7-Zip, and use that to extract the SD_Acer_A100_2.007.04_COM_GEN1_full_user.7z file. You end up with an update.zip file
5. copy this update.zip file to your SD card.
6. from the last link in the XDA post I linked to, follow step 5-6-7 to install the update.zip file onto your a100

These steps worked for me, and it worked for quite a few others, but it might not work for you.

After I did that, my gen2 A100 was running a gen1 version of the firmware, and after a few minutes, I was getting update notifications, and got the ICS update pushed to it.

Of course there is a risk involved by flashing updates, make sure your battery is charged.

IMPORTANT:

Make sure you read the posts linked to in the XDA thread to get an idea of what you are actually doing. 99.9% of the problems people are experiencing when they flash updates/roms/root/mod their devices is because they skim through the instructions without actually doing a little research as to what they are doing.

Jayspopp

Oct 21, 2011
Another disappointment this morning! I got notice of a new system update, went through the entire process and ....well still at 3.2.1. Unbelievable!!!!

mlewis6996

May 1, 2012
Jayspopp said:
Another disappointment this morning! I got notice of a new system update, went through the entire process and ....well still at 3.2.1. Unbelievable!!!!

No, no, no!!!! Go back in and check for updates!!!! There were 3 updates, keep doing it, untill u can't anymore!!

mlewis6996

May 1, 2012
jbenham said:
My wife got her update yesterday. She hasn't noticed any defference either.

There r 3 updates, go back into about tablet n check for system updates, there were 3!