A100

KevTN

Aug 11, 2011
I'm looking for a tablet and really considering a 7-8 inch. I do have a few questions first though....A little background from me I have a droid x rooted and I flash custom roms prob. a couple of times a month.

1) How is the battery life?
2) how is the screen in sunlight?
3) rootable?
4) Any news if it is going to get Ice Cream Sand?
5) I have read about the Belkin problem, I do have Belkin but use WEP in which I hear solves that issue.?
6) How do you like yours?

Thanks...

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
I'm looking for a tablet and really considering a 7-8 inch. I do have a few questions first though....A little background from me I have a droid x rooted and I flash custom roms prob. a couple of times a month.

1) How is the battery life?
2) how is the screen in sunlight?
3) rootable?
4) Any news if it is going to get Ice Cream Sand?
5) I have read about the Belkin problem, I do have Belkin but use WEP in which I hear solves that issue.?
6) How do you like yours?

Thanks...

Battery life on mine is good, something like 5 hours for heavy use I think. It charges really quickly so I pop it on there when I get to about 35 - 40%, this ranges from 6 to 8 hours depending on how I'm using it.

Never looked at the screen in the sun but I'm sure it'll be like all tft screens.

It is rootable, the methods to do so are on the forum.

ICS is a definite maybe, no official announcement to my knowledge. It's got good hardware so I'm not sure why it wouldn't be supported.

I have a Belkin N router and have no problems with the A100 using wpa/wpa2. Dell computers are another story....

I was using a gtablet and got the A100. The A100 is a much lighter, and snappier machine. Really a great size for ereading, and the screen is just big enough for webpages. I'm very satisfied with my A100 and haven't regretted the purchase.

As a side note, Walmart gives you 15 days to get your money back on all computers. So you can give one a test drive and see what you think. Just be sure to keep all packing materials and your receipt.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
1) 4-5 hours of heavy use (video, youtube videos, constant web surfing). I probably average about 6-7 hours of mostly web browsing and e-reading, which is more than I need for an average day's use. Only time I really notice the battery is if I forget to charge it after a day of regular use before I go to sleep. It will almost always be dead when I wake up the next morning, or within an hour of use. You must recharge every night - even with moderate usage. Also, I highly recommend disabling wifi when ever the tab is not in use - doing so will double your battery life. I had a different tab before the a100 that got twice the battery life - but it was also a single core, and the hardware crapped out after 6 months. So you pay a price for the nice (IMO) screen and dual core processor.

2) Virtually un-usable outside in bright day light. I tried to take it to the pool once - even maxed out brightness - I couldn't really see the screen at all. However, I use mine inside 99% of the time - so not an issue for me.

3) Not my area of expertise . . .

4) Not that I've heard of, but considering the hardware, I'd be surprised if it didn't. I'd say it's "likely" to get ICS. It's not a flagship device, but it's certainly got the capability to run ICS.

5) Don't have belkin, can't speak to that issue. . .

6) Overall, I'm 85 - 90 percent content. While I have my qualms with the device, there isn't anything out right now (or when I bought it) that I would rather get. Sure, if you wait a couple of months, something better will surely emerge. But if you follow that recipe - you'll never purchase anything - because something better is ALWAYS right around the corner. Hope this has helped.