A2109 - freezes when WiFi enabled

Colin_MC

Jun 14, 2013
Hi
Some time ago (2 weeks) - my tablet started to get freezes when WiFi was enabled (and connection established). Even on desktop - it was "thinking" for about 2-3 seconds each 15 ones. This stuttering makes watching movies etc - annoying.
I've tried unlocking BL and then making root + then installing for example "greenify" which was doing great on my LG 4X HD. Nothing helped. Of course - factory reset was the first step. I'm out of ideas, I even tried to load "deoxed..." ROM - no change.
I was on JB from start. I suppose it's hardware issue (network part), but maybe I do sth wrong. It was good for over a month after buying..

P.S. I guess - if I'd like to use the warranty - I should load back the original ROM (it started when it was in device), take off the Root and block bootloader?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
P.S. I guess - if I'd like to use the warranty - I should load back the original ROM (it started when it was in device), take off the Root and block bootloader?

Yes to that, but before doing anything drastic test the tablet on a public WiFi hot spot to make certain your Lenovo isn't having a problem with your router. You may want to look at the links I have below to see if my WiFi tips help.

Colin_MC

Jun 14, 2013
Yes to that, but before doing anything drastic test the tablet on a public WiFi hot spot to make certain your Lenovo isn't having a problem with your router. You may want to look at the links I have below to see if my WiFi tips help.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I've tested that on public one, one in my home, with Tethering from my phone, and in my father-in-law house - I think that is enough as a sample? ;) It happened suddenly, one day - it was all smooth, next one - no... I don't know if that has sth to do, with the fact that I had Wifi enabled constantly (to avoid battery drain under JB).