A2109 looses Internet connection on wakeup

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
I've had my A2109 for about a week and I have only one major complaint so far: After pressing the power button and swiping the lock screen my wifi shows connected but I cannot connect to websites or email. To resolve that I have to open Settings and toggle WiFi off and back on. Then it's all good till the unit goes back to sleep. In addition to being inconvenient to have to do that I run the risk of missing emails, as well as calls and texts that come in through the Talkatone VOIP app. Anybody else have this issue or an idea how to solve it?

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I am not having this problem, perhaps your router is dropping your tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There should be a setting under settings - WiFi - upper right corner tap the 3 squares keep WiFi on during sleep, set to always. Do keep in mind it will eat your battery alive,. ;)

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
There should be a setting under settings - WiFi - upper right corner tap the 3 squares keep WiFi on during sleep, set to always. Do keep in mind it will eat your battery alive,. ;)

When I tap the 3 squares I'm offered 'Advanced' and all that shows is 'Network notification', 'MAC address', and IP adress' with no option to keep wifi on during sleep.

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
I am not having this problem, perhaps your router is dropping your tablet.

I suppose that's possible and I'll look into the router but the router never drops anything else, including a Kindle Fire HD and two Galaxy 2 tabs. I wonder what is different about the A2109. The signal strength is excellent as I'm close to the router and even when the tab won't connect to the internet it does show connected to the router.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I suppose that's possible and I'll look into the router but the router never drops anything else, including a Kindle Fire HD and two Galaxy 2 tabs. I wonder what is different about the A2109. The signal strength is excellent as I'm close to the router and even when the tab won't connect to the internet it does show connected to the router.

You should have keep WiFi on always under advance options, could be a ROM issue, I have no idea if you are running ICS or jb or if you are running either mine or MCL ROM but that option to keep WiFi on always should be available $uploadfromtaptalk1359338277483.jpg

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
Mine looks similar to that EXCEPT the Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep item is missing. I am running stock ICS out of the box and don't want to mess with that till my 14 day return period is up in 8 more days. BTW, I don't have a HDMI item under Device.

Android 4.0.4
Kernel 3.1.10
Build A2109A_A404_02_05_120918_CA

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
Mine looks similar to that EXCEPT the Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep item is missing. I am running stock ICS out of the box and don't want to mess with that till my 14 day return period is up in 8 more days. BTW, I don't have a HDMI item under Device.

Android 4.0.4
Kernel 3.1.10
Build A2109A_A404_02_05_120918_CA

I'm installing the OTA JB update now... maybe that will fix it.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I'm installing the OTA JB update now... maybe that will fix it.

Yeah probably the ROM's problem since we all have the WI-FI setting but you. OTA JB update should fix the problem. Hope everything works again for you after the update :)

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
Yeah probably the ROM's problem since we all have the WI-FI setting but you. OTA JB update should fix the problem. Hope everything works again for you after the update :)

Thanks, I'll post back later with the result.

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
Just finished the OTA JB update and now I do have the same settings screen as shown above. Now I have a bunch of apps updating so I'll see how the wifi behaves after that.

brucer

Jan 27, 2013
Just finished the OTA JB update and now I do have the same settings screen as shown above. Now I have a bunch of apps updating so I'll see how the wifi behaves after that.

The JB update went well and the wifi issue appears to be resolved without even using the never sleep feature. Thanks to all for your help. Seeing that screen shot showed me that I needed to do the upgrade.

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
The JB update went well and the wifi issue appears to be resolved without even using the never sleep feature. Thanks to all for your help. Seeing that screen shot showed me that I needed to do the upgrade.

Nice! Glad that you have your wifi working normally again!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011

Glad your problem is fixed, I don't have this problem on ics or jb.