A500 4.0 update

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
What's Facebook?:eek:

Can I come live under your rock with you, please? The forum really needs a "like" button. Call it AA (Andy Approves) or "Root". There's some funny stuff on here sometimes that just needs props given.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
And now, direct from the WTF department:

$wtf-cat.jpg

See if you can make sense of this:
Acer Iconia Circumstance A500 Release | Business Management Blog

The whole site is baffle-gab. Almost readable. Seems like a code of some kind?

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
The Official page stated there is no specific date other then a plan to have it out sometime in February. That means it can change at any time. At the tech show they have A501's running ICS with a custom ICS Interface, as well as the A200's. SO it's relativly done but you can tell some custom menu were not complete . THey however were also displaying Acer Phones, includign a WIndows based and ICS based smartphone planned for international release.

I wouldn't go by Asian rep sites (other then the Taiwan HQ site), they never seem to get updated info. I asked directly when ICS is coming and they had no specific date on when it will go OTA, other then when it is ready it will, and it is planned for this quarter.

Last edited:

drozas

May 1, 2011
I website thought well put. Information put great discreet. Cat how a500 disagree update have put together.

Sent from my A500

drzeus

Jun 25, 2011
Icebike. Forget about ICS.
What the hell is wrong with your cat?!!!
Better forget about android for awhile AND GET IT TO THE VET!!!
Something just isn't right!
:)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

detz

Jan 3, 2012
I agree, definitely some funny stuff!!! detz hits the "like" button +1

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Guess they chose to roll updates in batches with the A200 first, then A500/501, followed by A100's all in April. May be a later build that they will be pushign to A200's again.

Thank god they redefined the default ICA layouts and customized, ICS ust isn't tablet optimized by default..

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
One question that probably no one can answer... What happens to installed apps that no longer work in 4.x?

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Many apps will work but require side loading or reisntalling, you'll get an error that the apk couldn't load.

nivram

Feb 2, 2012
Chat session from Acer today:
Sajin Tisserent: Hi, my name is Sajin Tisserent. How may I help you?
Sajin Tisserent: Hello Evan.
Evan Sullivan: Hello!
Evan Sullivan: I am wondering if the A500 was going to get ICS and if so when
Sajin Tisserent: According to your submission of data, the Serial Number/SNID for your Acer tablet is XEH60PN0021136F0521500 and I see that your Acer product is covered under standard limited warranty.
Sajin Tisserent: From the information that you have provided I understand that you require information on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade.
Evan Sullivan: Correct, if the A500 is getting it and when please
Sajin Tisserent: Thank you for the confirmation, Evan.
Sajin Tisserent: Evan, the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade is sent over air.
Evan Sullivan: So the A500 will be getting 4.0?
Sajin Tisserent: Yes.
Evan Sullivan: Do you know when?
Sajin Tisserent: It is sent in the order of the serial number.
Sajin Tisserent: We do not have information it.
Evan Sullivan: Do you know when that will start?
Evan Sullivan: ok
Evan Sullivan: Thank you very much
Sajin Tisserent: It will start soon. Nothing has been declared as of now.
Sajin Tisserent: You are most welcome, Evan.
Evan Sullivan: Awesome, thanks!
Evan Sullivan: Have a great day!

He said it will start soon.

ICS is great I have it on my Galaxy S, but I find Honeycomb on the Acer not bad at all it's quick and reasonably stable. I just hope the build hasn't been rushed and it's not full of bugs.

Attachments

• $csb.jpg
    $csb.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 453