A500 4.0 update

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
You will have to accept to download the update, so no worries.

-end of line-

mini76

Apr 14, 2012
Well I'm in the UK and mine is running 3.0.1. with no updates available ???????. What should it be ???????
This is a 2 month old Tablet. :confused:

leroybrute

Feb 17, 2012
mini76 said:
Well I'm in the UK and mine is running 3.0.1. with no updates available ???????. What should it be ???????
This is a 2 month old Tablet. :confused:

You should call Acer support. They should help you get to 3.2.1

gal78

Jan 6, 2012
Well Acer uk on fb are backpeddeling again they are now saying"not sure but should be end of April/beginning of may"
Why do they keep coming out with all these maybes and possibles when it is plain to see no one knows,I for one am fed up with all this waiting

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
I wouldn't go by those acer sites, they ae gettig nshut down of mis information. Actually orginally AZ and NZ were said it was beign delayed there, while US and EU said begging aroud nthe 19th of April.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
Looks like only Australia and New Zealand are getting ICS this month.

https://www.facebook.com/AcerANZ/posts/284439441619987

That is not an official Acer site.
Anyone can create an Acer page by putting anything they want after the word acer.
Then they can post any BS they feel like.
The Acer web site says that ICS update for the A500 is TBA Mid April. To Be Announced Mid April.
Get it, as posted before TBA, to be announced.

Acer ANZ is a closed group.

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
I have registered my a500, and four Aspire Revo 3700 computers, I don't think I have had a single email from them and seems to recall a checkbox to tell them not to contact me.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Personally I think everybody should chill. There is no sense in getting hoyti-toyti. ACER will come through probably in the next week or so. I browsed through the facebook link - I'm not on it or twitter - I see a lot of "spoilt-brat" attitudes. The "I want" attitude shows badly on anyone and everyone. Lets all be mature, peace-loving, and forgiving - include patience in that list.
Also I noticed that many on the fb site were complaining about WIFI issues that we have dealt with on the ANDROID forums and in many cases solved.

So I reckon the ANDROID FORUMS WEBSITE deserves a +1 many times over. Special thanks to contributors like Icebike and others I can't remember - also to the moderators.

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
Douvie said:
Personally I think everybody should chill. There is no sense in getting hoyti-toyti. ACER will come through probably in the next week or so. I browsed through the facebook link - I'm not on it or twitter - I see a lot of "spoilt-brat" attitudes. The "I want" attitude shows badly on anyone and everyone. Lets all be mature, peace-loving, and forgiving - include patience in that list.
Also I noticed that many on the fb site were complaining about WIFI issues that we have dealt with on the ANDROID forums and in many cases solved.

So I reckon the ANDROID FORUMS WEBSITE deserves a +1 many times over. Special thanks to contributors like Icebike and others I can't remember - also to the moderators.

Completely agree. Let all the a200 owners beta test is for us. Then hopefully we'll get a nearly bug free fully functioning product. Just look at all the other tablets that rushed Ics out. There boards were swamped with this doesn't work or won't boot issues. Just ask yourselves do you want a rushed broken product or one that's late and works as intended?

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Since I'm actually happy with Honeycomb, I'm in no real hurry. Right now it is doing everything I want except for the ability to remove most of the included applications. Since that probably won't change in ICS there isn't much that I care about. Just glad they didn't pull and Archos and leave us out in the cold (I actually rolled my Archos gen8 almost all the way back to the start).