A500 4.01 ICS update happened this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
true dat
I've been playing too long to have to redo my games.
Check out Angry Birds Backup by Sergio Patricio
It's in the Play Store, and will back up all AB games to a Dropbox account or your SD card.

I recently discovered it myself.
It's also great for syncing your games between devices.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwyLDEsInB0LnNhbXAuYW5ncnlCaXJkc0JhY2t1cCJd

BTW: "Fry Me to the Moon" add-on just came down the line for AB Space.

No update here yet, unfortunately.
I'm really looking forward to it, and appreciate Acer's commitment to our tablet. :)

Thanks for that tip.
No update here either.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Smiller64

Apr 26, 2012
Just got the update in the U.K. Downloaded and installed perfectly. Now going to have a play and see if it was worth all the fuss.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
My A500 is a GEN_1 build. Still no update. But it is coming. We'll track its progress. It good that NZ finally got updates happening. That means we're (Australia) not far behind.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I'm in Boston. Looks like I am waiting for the official download date of 4/27. So all you preemies can be our guinea pigs. Please keep us updated if there are any problems.

juhni

Dec 5, 2011
I did my update yesterday. After the update I started getting some apps crashing that didn't crash before, prime example es file explorer. Since this is basically a net browser and video watcher, I reset the tab and did a complete wipe. Still getting a few random crashes especially on some game loft games. The launcher has crashed and it did freeze up after a start-up. Since the reset there are only the 3 free game loft games and a couple of apps on my tablet.

For all you folks who rooted your tablet just to erase all the pre installed apps, there all back after the update.

My tablet does feel a bit faster and more responsive post update. It looks exactly the same as 3.2.1 with a few setting menus added on. There is no Acer ring that I could find. My wifi signal strength seems better than before, I don't have a USB 3g dongle to check nor ad-hoc wifi also. Battery life seems the same as before. However, I haven't optimized this yet for my uses. If I can find a 1 click root or any root method i,I'll let those that want it know.

For the most part, unless there are features that you want in ics or apps that don't work on honeycomb, then , in my opinion, I wouldn't be in a big hurry for this. I'm disappointed in the update and is hoping for a good from based of this.

Fyi I'm on 4.0.3 ics stock. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio USA.

Last edited:

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I am disappointed to hear about the lack of the Acer Ring; I was looking forward to that. Did anyone get the Ring ("all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies, all the single ladies...")?

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi.....

Aser Ring -> coom with preinstaled ICS, in devises a200, a510.... and will'be a700

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
Hi.....

Aser Ring -> coom with preinstaled ICS, in devises a200, a510.... and will'be a700

That's not what their Press Release said:

AcerPR.png

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
for a -> barskin..... ! ! !

I did my update yesterday. After the update I started getting some apps crashing that didn't crash before, prime example es file explorer. Since this is basically a net browser and video watcher, I reset the tab and did a complete wipe. Still getting a few random crashes especially on some game loft games. The launcher has crashed and it did freeze up after a start-up. Since the reset there are only the 3 free game loft games and a couple of apps on my tablet.

For all you folks who rooted your tablet just to erase all the pre installed apps, there all back after the update.

My tablet does feel a bit faster and more responsive post update. It looks exactly the same as 3.2.1 with a few setting menus added on. There is no Acer ring that I could find. My wifi signal strength seems better than before, I don't have a USB 3g dongle to check nor ad-hoc wifi also. Battery life seems the same as before. However, I haven't optimized this yet for my uses. If I can find a 1 click root or any root method i,I'll let those that want it know.

For the most part, unless there are features that you want in ics or apps that don't work on honeycomb, then , in my opinion, I wouldn't be in a big hurry for this. I'm disappointed in the update and is hoping for a good from based of this.

Fyi I'm on 4.0.3 ics stock. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio USA.

pafik

Jan 29, 2012
Hi agan -> for everyone and -> barskin !

Acer's Ring feature for quick access to apps and settings, and better image capture.
You can start mashing the update button very soon, but until then - patience.

The aforementioned April date is only for the US variant of the devices, though.
Latin America is actually getting its updates under way a few days earlier,
but sadly, Iconia A100 owners in Canada will have to wait until May 3.
Mexico and Brazil will be left hanging until some nebulous "mid-April" date .