A500 4.01 ICS update happened this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

cgmcav

May 5, 2011
Yep - exact same problem - bad load. WiFi startup seemed to cause reboot. Continued to recycle. I had to do factory reset to get it to work. Of course that blew away everything including my SD card (guess I should have removed - my bad.) Problem now is no screen rotation. Activate app - any one that rotates screen - say calculator - and screen will not return until until reboot. Even then - no rotation. Hope someone can figure this out!

Thanks for the update on this. Sorry it happened to you to. Tech support told me to do a reset on it, but now I just learned that my reset button doesn't work. Sigh... So I guess I have to do the hard factory reset. Sigh again. However, THANKS for the SD card heads up. I wouldn't have thought of it. I'll take wifi over no screen rotation at this point though. This is pretty annoying considering I didn't really care about the ICS upgrade until everything was ironed out. I guess I was a guinea pig.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Yep - exact same problem - bad load. WiFi startup seemed to cause reboot. Continued to recycle. I had to do factory reset to get it to work. Of course that blew away everything including my SD card (guess I should have removed - my bad.) Problem now is no screen rotation. Activate app - any one that rotates screen - say calculator - and screen will not return until until reboot. Even then - no rotation. Hope someone can figure this out!

Everything was looking good with mine, until I saw your post and turned mine and the screen wouldn't rotate. I shut it down, and when it was shut down, I flipped the screen lock back and forth a few times, not really thinking that would help, but after I booted up again, the screen will now rotate. Maybe the flipping the screen lock helped. Hope it helps you.

drozas

May 1, 2011
Just got mine. SoCal, gen2. Haven't found any problems yet. Good wifi. Rotates fine. Love the roboto font. I have a g nex, but it looks awesome on a big screen. Yeah, hopefully acer ring will be added in a future update. Looks like a good addition.

barskin

Mar 5, 2012
I love that ring. And they have it on the A200, which is, after all, 300 less than what we have, isn't it? Well, I guess it's coming.

agent16

May 10, 2011
Everything was looking good with mine, until I saw your post and turned mine and the screen wouldn't rotate. I shut it down, and when it was shut down, I flipped the screen lock back and forth a few times, not really thinking that would help, but after I booted up again, the screen will now rotate. Maybe the flipping the screen lock helped. Hope it helps you.

Wonderful!!! Thank you - Turn off with switch position change and back on worked!!!!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Got My Update & Still Can't believe There's No App2SD..I Don't Understand That Because My Generic Android Tablet Has It But Not This Expensive 500 Dollar Acer..Sux & No Acer Ring Here Either

Where did you get the Idea that APP2SD was coming in ICS? I've been posting here for months that its not part of ICS. Anyone that has it is either not ICS or they hacked it back in, because Google officially removed it (and for good reason).

The minimalist version of the acer ring is there, allowing you to get to the camera directly, or just power on. The full potential of the ring is supposed to be released as a market app RSN.

Tabletnube

Aug 17, 2011
Picked up the ICS upgrade this morning (Cincinnati, Oh) and all works well with the exception on the font on my calendar; it is white and hard to read.

Anyone know how to change the canendar font color? I looked under settings on the calendar, but see nothing.

sfpx

Jul 29, 2011
Still nothing here in QC /Canada. Updated the Acer Enhancement thing. Still no ICS update :(

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Got mine about 1/2 hour ago (Chicago).
No Image Name or Size was available, however afterwards:
Version: 4.0.3
Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
Image: Acer_AV041_A500_RV05RC01_PA_CUS1
Build: Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
Something called a Image P/N - Never seen it before.

I have no ring, minimal or otherwise - unless I'm expecting something different.
My bigger disappointment is no screen capture. I was so hoping for screenshots.

I'm going to keep playing with it.