A500 4.01 ICS update happened this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
5 people i know have already all gotte nthe update between yesterday and today. On many forums TOday was a large push with most getting it.

States in US confirmed. NYC, PA (seemed to have gotten soem as early as the 18th, with others on the 24th, then today).

CT, TX, CA, MI, GA.

Build and age of machine doesn't seem to affect it. I had an update forced to me on the 19th (as a favor). THe other unit was manufactured 5 months ago and got it today.

jnealand

Feb 12, 2012
Got mine in the Atlanta suburbs this morning. Everything seems to be fine. I perceive that everything is running faster and the screen resolution seems to be improved, but maybe it's just me. Sure wish all apps would rotate though. I have a few that will not, at least yet.

DotBone89

Apr 6, 2011
DL'd, installed, flash updated, and running SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH! Virginia Beach, Best Buy refurb purchased last week of Sept. Agree about sharper resolution.

stroppy

Apr 28, 2012
:mad:

Still waiting down here in Australia! Come on Acer! Why the delay? The update for the A200 was simultaneous with the rest of the world. Why the delay with the A500?

Oh...please excuse me, being a noob and all...can anyone advise if the update works on oldest build of the A500?:)

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
:mad:

Still waiting down here in Australia! Come on Acer! Why the delay? The update for the A200 was simultaneous with the rest of the world. Why the delay with the A500?

Oh...please excuse me, being a noob and all...can anyone advise if the update works on oldest build of the A500?:)

Yes, you should get it and it will work. Do you have the Update Enhancement installed? If not, you can get it from the market. Not sure if your part of the country is getting it yet though.

saurabh

May 22, 2011
seems the update hasnt started yet for the gen1 builds...i have the 3.2.1, updater app etc , still no ics update yet.