A500 4.01 ICS update happened this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
got mine last nite. I was hoping that the upgrade would resolve my gps issue but it didn't:( I'm hesitating to root my tablet just to get the gps to work.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
got mine last nite. I was hoping that the upgrade would resolve my gps issue but it didn't:( I'm hesitating to root my tablet just to get the gps to work.

What GPS problem are you talking about?

If your GPS still doesn't work, you may need to exercise your warranty because the GPS problems were all resolved in release 3.2.1, and have not appeared in ICS.

Fire up GPS status, (app store), give the tablet a clear view of the sky, and watch for the message about time to first fix to appear.
In the Middle of my office, not in the window, first fix showed up in 110 seconds. Outside, after powering cycling the tablet, first fix happens in 26 seconds flat.

ykh

Jan 8, 2012
I've tested with several gps status apps, all can see the satellites. But when I use google map to get directions, it won't get any directions. Any suggestions?

What GPS problem are you talking about?

If your GPS still doesn't work, you may need to exercise your warranty because the GPS problems were all resolved in release 3.2.1, and have not appeared in ICS.

Fire up GPS status, (app store), give the tablet a clear view of the sky, and watch for the message about time to first fix to appear.
In the Middle of my office, not in the window, first fix showed up in 110 seconds. Outside, after powering cycling the tablet, first fix happens in 26 seconds flat.

svenskatulie

Mar 16, 2012
ICS UPDATE A500: Did anybody else have problems with the screen rotation now and boot recovery not working after the ics update? I turned off the tablet and clicked the rotation on and off a few times, as suggested via internet discussions and still does not work. The boot recovery does not do anything but lead to the android robot laying flat down with a red triangle over his belly. I am not a happy camper :mad:
I see that some image versions, build versions have the WW.GEN1 on theirs, but my update had on both PA CUS1 on the end. Can anybody enlighten me as to what might have happened. This tablet is not rooted. I'm am at a stand still, and not really tablet savvy. I believe I am going to have to send it back. It was working like a dream up until this update. Any suggestions, comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!

gal78

Jan 6, 2012
I am still waiting, I have the Acer download enhancer and the 3.2.1 update from back in Jan, my a500 is gen1,when I manually check for updates I get told "network coverage low, move to a better area" and of course I'm sitting right next to the router, any advice gratefully received

ddm653

Jul 25, 2011
I am having the same issue with screen rotation. Also wifi is no longer scanning automatically.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
:mad:

Still waiting down here in Australia! Come on Acer! Why the delay? The update for the A200 was simultaneous with the rest of the world. Why the delay with the A500?

Oh...please excuse me, being a noob and all...can anyone advise if the update works on oldest build of the A500?:)

Yeah, Stroppy I'm also waiting - here in Australia. It is really strange - in the past we were always one of the first to receive the update.

ICS works but there can be some issues. I wonder if ACER is even listening.

CYA

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
I have to say that I'm LOVING ICS SO FAR! It's amazing. My tablet is stable, fast, and everything just WORKS as it should. Couldn't be happier.

jtb005

Apr 29, 2012
I am still waiting, I have the Acer download enhancer and the 3.2.1 update from back in Jan, my a500 is gen1,when I manually check for updates I get told "network coverage low, move to a better area" and of course I'm sitting right next to the router, any advice gratefully received

I have this same issue. Acer "support" recommened a full factory re-set which, of course, did not resolve the issue. The same message is provided when connected two two different ISPs with two different IP addresses. Why can't Acer just post that there's an issue with their server farm, and an ETA for correction?
jtb

Therev1969

May 18, 2011
Well, 60 hours later and still waiting is enough for me. Acer proves itself a second-rate tech company again.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Well, 60 hours later and still waiting is enough for me. Acer proves itself a second-rate tech company again.

Oh, I don't know. I got mine right on time, and I'll bet I bought mine way earlier than you got yours.

Prior updates went to Australia first. This one seems to have gone in the other order.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
Got mine as soon as I turned it on in the morning of the 27th so I can't complain about timing. The only reasons that they aren't rolling out right now might be that you didn't apply the updater update from the market, the servers are overloaded, or they turned the update off for a problem or just to prevent a lot of calls during the weekend.