A500 as a phone?

arnz98

Dec 21, 2011
hey there, im an ipad user, new to the forums looking to get an acer just to see what android is like. on my ipad 2, i use an app called talkatone, and im able to use my google voice to make and receive calls right on my ipad. maybe there is a similar app on android?

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
As a real cell, not possible on either models. THey do not contain the radio antennae.

However you can do VOIP based calls.

Guess what, we got Magick JAck to work on our tablets, so expect a nice App the hit the market when it all tweaked.

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
The MagicJack app for IOS is very good and you do NOT have to be or sign up as a customer to use it. Be glad when it is available for Android.

butlerbach

Dec 28, 2011
I've been using Groove IP on my phone, and now use it on my a500. Groove IP provides FREE VOIP calling!!!!!!! 3g/4g and wi-fi. I just made a call over wi-fi from the hotspot on my android phone - and the call quality was awesome. You need Google voice. This is one of the BEST Android apps in the world, IMO. So try it - Groove IP. *I only use it and have only tried with outgoing calls*

I am not affiliated with Groove IP, except I bought it from Amazon Android App store when it was on sale for $2. Post your experience with it.

Tardis,

Could you please list your Groove IP settings for me. I have been having a terrible time trying to find the optimal solution to reduce echos and noise/distortion on both ends.