A500 crashes frequently

gordj

May 13, 2011
I'm a light user but the past few days my A500 freezes/crashes easily, say, when browsing internet. wondering if anyone has similar issues. and possible cause (memory related)?

Gord

gordj

May 13, 2011
not just browser, i have seen freezes/crashes in many apps, including market. a crash could be the app exits for no reason or the tab reboots itself for no reason.

i've tried virus scan - seems clean.

also, android assist only reports 727mb memry. does a500 only comes with 727mb - though it's claimed to be 1gb?

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
Apparently, the system uses a lot of memory......As for the crashes.....yours seem strange to me....my crashes stopped after I got the browsers straight. Your hardware might have a problems....few here report frequent crashes on the a500.

sgtarky

May 31, 2011
I was going to start a thread on this, my tab seems to work just fine, but recently when viewing this very website, Browser crashes, doesnt appear to do it on any other site, and it happens in maxthon and firefox, wierd isnt it. btw I hate this sites app navigating it sucks and sometimes I dont see the newest threads.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
Mine does the same. The browser seems especially flakey but I've had most apps crash on me. I've put it down to Honeycomb teething problems. I'm going to wait until the 3.1 update before I start to worry.

gordj

May 13, 2011
Are all you crashes just "app crashes" or "the device auto-reboots"?

I reset my device to factory default - and wiped out all my apps and data :( - to see if the crash/auto-reboot could be cured. Unfortunately, the device still crashes followed by auto-reboots (sometimes one reboot is not enough for the device to auto-recover). I start to believe there may be some hardware issues.

Is there an app to diagnose hardware issues? Does anybody have any info/hint?

Thanks,
Gord

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
Mine are mainly app crashes by either freezing or closing. I've had an occasional auto reboot but not often.

magna_swede

Jun 13, 2011
Mine crashes frequently, always after left idling while, i.e. left on during night with charging, but this also uccurs when browsing during normal use. Very disturbing. I have reset the pad to factory standard, but it made no different. My reflection is also that this has increased after last system update.
Does anyone have any idea?

FarmerTed

May 14, 2011
I'm having the same issue since the last update, frequent browser crashes and after a couple of days the tablet won't wake up. I have to hold down the power button to get it to power off and then power it back on. I can tell it's locked up because I stop getting email notification sounds. :(

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I had the crashing after charging problem. I found that if you switch it on before unplugging then its fine. If I unplug then switch on it freezes. Very weird. Its only since the mini update the other week so it seems like its a software issue, hopefully 3.1 will sort that too.