A500 functions and auto off?

m3rr

Aug 6, 2011
Hello all I'm new to the tablet world recently got myself an Acer a500
I've noticed that it tends to just shut off with no warning
usually when I put it in my bag or after I plug it in

Just curious if this is something I'm just unaware of? A function maybe?

Also I was wondering how to clear the recently opened list just clean it out as it were without restarting the tablet
I've Google this a bit and haven't found anything. If its on the forum and I missed it I apologize and would greatly appreciate late a redirect :)

Much obliged

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

m3rr

Aug 6, 2011
Anyone? Anything?

m3rr

Aug 6, 2011
Just under 10 days and not a single response? Well that's unfortunate for a forum to have such low response ability.

Well regardless thanks to anyone who had at the very least read the question I'll be moving on now to a more active forum for my questions and such

Best to all

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
Mine dislikes inactivity also. There are times it will come on and immediately go off, especially if the screen is locked.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
Hi all, check to see what your sleep time is set to. I pushed my A500 to 5 minutes before sleep. Does it wake up at the touch of the power button, or does it perform a cold boot???

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
It is set to turn off if the screen is not unlocked - no way around that. You can set various time outs for the screen and WiFi. I have my WiFi set to stay on and the tablet to stay awake for a couple of minutes or so.