A500 Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Accessories' started by TBone, May 9, 2011.

1. TBone

TBone Member

Hi there. Ordered my A500 after it seemed VERY unlikely that a Transformer was in my future.

In case I missed it with another post, since this tablet does have the dock in the bottom, has anyone heard if Acer is thinking of making a detachable keyboard like the TF? I'm not entirely sure I would buy it, but if it did have an additional battery built in, I would surely be tempted.

2. Icebike

Icebike Senior Member

I think the dock will support several different things, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were rushing out a keyboard accessory.

You can plug a WIFI keyboard dongle into it and it works fine.

I suspect the idea is probably to come out with a dock that has a keyboard with mousepad built in so you don't have to touch the screen.

3. mmilestone

mmilestone Member

Tablet / Device:
    Huawei S7
    Try the Logitech Mediaboard Pro for PS3 It has a built in trackpad which would double as a mouse. I have used it and it works. No dongles needed.

4. TBone

TBone Member

I actually have a keyboard that plugs into the USB from my old ZT-180, but I'm more interested in a keyboard/additional battery source. I don't see why they couldn't and hope to hear that it may show up in the near future.