A500 Keyboard?

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
Hi there. Ordered my A500 after it seemed VERY unlikely that a Transformer was in my future.

In case I missed it with another post, since this tablet does have the dock in the bottom, has anyone heard if Acer is thinking of making a detachable keyboard like the TF? I'm not entirely sure I would buy it, but if it did have an additional battery built in, I would surely be tempted.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I think the dock will support several different things, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were rushing out a keyboard accessory.

You can plug a WIFI keyboard dongle into it and it works fine.

I suspect the idea is probably to come out with a dock that has a keyboard with mousepad built in so you don't have to touch the screen.

mmilestone

Feb 22, 2011
Hi there. Ordered my A500 after it seemed VERY unlikely that a Transformer was in my future.

In case I missed it with another post, since this tablet does have the dock in the bottom, has anyone heard if Acer is thinking of making a detachable keyboard like the TF? I'm not entirely sure I would buy it, but if it did have an additional battery built in, I would surely be tempted.

Try the Logitech Mediaboard Pro for PS3 It has a built in trackpad which would double as a mouse. I have used it and it works. No dongles needed.

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
I actually have a keyboard that plugs into the USB from my old ZT-180, but I'm more interested in a keyboard/additional battery source. I don't see why they couldn't and hope to hear that it may show up in the near future.