A500 screen problem

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by angel0001, Jun 17, 2012.

1. angel0001

angel0001 Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer iconia a500
    Hello,

I have an issue with my touch screen on A500. I can't use a strip of my screen about 2 inches below the camera, the whole length across. I first noticed when i used a drawing app and i couldnt draw on that strip. At first i thought it was a program issue but I checked with my sister's A500 and it worked fine. I tried using other drawing apps but I still had the same problem. Then i noticed that it didnt matter what app I was in. No matter how i used my tablet, that strip of touch screen is hardly responsive. even if the screen is turned it stays in the same spot on the tablet.

I have already done a soft reset and a hard reset. I have also changed the sensitivity settings. On low, that strip doesn't respond at all. On medium, that strip sometimes responds but it is very very stubborn. On high, it does occasionally respond but not very smoothly like the rest of the screen. I do have a screen protector but, before I put it on, that strip didn't work.To me, it seems like that strip of touch screen sensors are not properly synchronized with the rest of the screen.

Is there a way I could fix this problem?

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

The problem you are describing sounds like a hardware issue with the top layer of the screen. I suggest either en exchange with the retailer if possible, or RMA to Acer

3. Douvie

Douvie Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Could be faulty screen. You can buy them as spares. But pop the back cover off and check connections - maybe it dropped a little way and the connections are loose.