A500 slow to start up????

globalweeeble

Jan 23, 2012
my acer was a lot faster to boot and slowed down post upgrade, but it takes approx 2.5 minutes to boot not five. In fact the whole system seems a bit more laggy, partcularly the keyboard response. I was just search the web for anacodontal evidence before rebuildng.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
my acer was a lot faster to boot and slowed down post upgrade, but it takes approx 2.5 minutes to boot not five. In fact the whole system seems a bit more laggy, partcularly the keyboard response. I was just search the web for anacodontal evidence before rebuildng.

Do you have animated wallpaper turned on?
If so, select a static picture. Much better.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Really you had my iconia before me? I should take it back as they sold me a second hand device! OK maybe 10 seconds was an over exaggeration, but it was no much over 30 second considering it takes 5 minutes to boot now. And as I stated this was only after the 3.1 upgrade. And no I was not unplugging and plugging in quickly. It just randomly stops recognising the plugged in device. Aren't the thumbnails stored on the usb device? I assumed that is what the hidden thumbnail folder is for. Storing them on the tab and validating each at boot sounds like the most retarded way of doing it ever, especially if you never look at 95% if the files on the drive

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Did you root the tablet or is it still stock-standard?

Mine's got HC 3.2.1 so should yours.

If you don't unmount your USB drives you will have that problem. It happened to me. Once I started unmounting the USB sticks and drives no problem.

Also if your tablet goes into sleep mode you may have to unmount and re-mount your drives. Set your tablet's time out at 30 minutes.