A500 Won't Load

Polarbert

Feb 22, 2014
Hi all,

I really hope that someone is able to help me fix my Acer A500. I know its an old tablet and such but its just gone wrong on me and I really hope there is someone that can help me out. I've done a lot of searching on here but just cannot figure out the right way to go about this.

I'll explain what happened.

I had the Skirlaz (sp) bootloader/recovery on the tablet, and was running one of the ROMs from here, I think it was jellytime 4.3, based on Cyanogenmod.
It was all working fine for ages and I'd not had a problem. I came to it the other day, and it wouldn't wake, so I turned it off, and on again, and it just stayed on the cyanogenmod loading screen. I rebooted again and then it just stayed on the Acer logo.

I managed to boot into the custom recovery I had on, and flashed a standard gingerbread rom, which I then used to do an OTA back to Ice Cream Sandwich. That all seemed to go well, but when it came to reboot, it again just stayed on the Acer logo, and since it was completely wiped, I no longer had the custom recovery on there.

I've just copied a full Ice Cream Sandwich rom renamed to update.zip onto the microSD, and held down volume - and power to get it to flash that, and it all seemed to go well. It restarted and then said

'blob update failed'

and then restarted, and now the Acer logo doesn't even come on.

It will power on, as you can see the power light come on. It will also charge, indicated by the orange power light when plugged in, but thats as far as it will go.

I do have the CPUID and the SBK, and the Android build from when I originally rooted and flash the rom from Afterota, but I'm not sure how I implement that into flashing the standard ROM again.

I've tried holding volume - and power and nothing happens this time.

I know that I did this all at my own risk so I'm not asking for any favours, I'm just really hoping anyone more knowledgeable than me will take pity on me.

Every one of the developers on this forum are absolutely amazing and I just wish I knew more about this technology.

Many thanks and I hope someone can help.

Rob

Coota

Jul 25, 2016
I bought 2 a500,s off ebay both not working 1 would freeze on acer logo tried reset and all other avenues to no avail so tried swapping touchscreen digitizer board from working unit BINGO even better u can pick em up on ebay for around 5 dollars both r working fine

Coota

Jul 25, 2016
Screenshot_20160726-142044.png
this part will fix acer logo freeze