A700 getting closer to reality?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Acer Iconia A700 Arrives at the FCC | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

Saw a story the other day about the A700:

The new Acer Iconia A700 will feature a Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor and sport a ten inch capacitive touchscreen display. The resolution is the big story with this new model with the screen giving you a massive 1920×1200! There will be a front facing 2 MP webcam and a rear facing 5 MP variant. You will also get an HDMI port and USB port to transfer all of your media. Acer has learned from some of their past mistakes on the Iconia line of tablets in terms of battery life. The Iconia A100 had quite the woeful lifespan of around 4 hours but this one should give you closer to 9 with its 9800mAh battery.

Drool..... :p

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
The A700 is available for pre order on Amazon in Germany (since about ten days ago).
Thanks Batchman, it just confirms exactly what I said in another thread. The final release date will become known pretty soon. Pre-order is a clear indicator.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Acer Iconia A700 Arrives at the FCC | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

Saw a story the other day about the A700:

The new Acer Iconia A700 will feature a Nvidia Tegra 3 quad-core processor and sport a ten inch capacitive touchscreen display. The resolution is the big story with this new model with the screen giving you a massive 1920×1200! There will be a front facing 2 MP webcam and a rear facing 5 MP variant. You will also get an HDMI port and USB port to transfer all of your media. Acer has learned from some of their past mistakes on the Iconia line of tablets in terms of battery life. The Iconia A100 had quite the woeful lifespan of around 4 hours but this one should give you closer to 9 with its 9800mAh battery.

Drool..... :p

We all drool together with you Ice bike. The true Hi-Def display will be excellent.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
Douvie said:
Thanks Batchman, it just confirms exactly what I said in another thread. The final release date will become known pretty soon. Pre-order is a clear indicator.

There was an announcement here that release is scheduled for "calendar week 24", which is from June 11 to 17.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Thats cool. Great! I'm now going into money saving mode. I'm probably looking at December - February before I can get one.:eek:

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
These Tegra 3 tablets are sexy as all get out, and with our A500 dropping lower and lower on Quadrant's results screen it's starting to give me the itch to start my own tablet replacement fund.
I didn't think I'd be this into "the tablets", but I have to say my A500 is still a great daily driver. -even more so with the additional features that ICS brought.

I think I'd also like to start a policy of my tablet being more powerful than my phone. (unless I can get a Padphone of course. (sigh))

ggravier

Jun 1, 2011
Hi!

Just got my A700 yesterday. I must say some things are really faster than the A500 (video, for one), and battery life is nice. But in many cases, the device feels unfinished. UI is choppy. Laggy at times. And apps keep crashing. (Browser, in particular, but several others). I suspect a firmware update will clean all that up. But for now, that frustration almost (almost) completely compensates for the sexyness, and raw CPU power.

Also, can't find any accessories yet (no proper screen protector, and no case - I had to hack my A500's and add a few holes here and there).

A bit early but promissing.

Gilles.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Hi!

Just got my A700 yesterday. I must say some things are really faster than the A500 (video, for one), and battery life is nice. But in many cases, the device feels unfinished. UI is choppy. Laggy at times. And apps keep crashing. (Browser, in particular, but several others). I suspect a firmware update will clean all that up. But for now, that frustration almost (almost) completely compensates for the sexyness, and raw CPU power.

Also, can't find any accessories yet (no proper screen protector, and no case - I had to hack my A500's and add a few holes here and there).

A bit early but promissing.

Gilles.

You are in the wrong forum.

Try the A700 forum. Acer Iconia Tab A700 Forum

There is a thread on that forum that describes three simple things that gets rid of all the
screen choppy jerky stuff.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a700-forum/41621-screen-responsiveness.html