A81G and Market - it doesn't HAVE a phone!!!

jdcorley

Jan 27, 2011
How can I activate the market feature on my A81? When I try to input my existing gmail acct info, the thing tries to connect via the 3G phone it thinks is installed.

What's the work around?

Android 2.2, Kernel 2.6.32 MID#290
Build no. MID-eng2.2JIEVIS ENG.mid.20101124.105136 test-keys

I suppose this referes to build 1124, which i supposed to have the phone apps taken out!

jdcorley

Jan 27, 2011
Connect to wifi.

doesn't work. I had, of course, set up my wifi with the house server. I actually posted my first mssg from my A81 browser! Wifi isn't the problem, nor the answer.... the market insists on trying to use a non-existant 3G connection.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The problem then is something wrong with your Market account. The fix is to be sure your Market account is a GMail account. And if possible register it on another Android device to Market. You should only really need the GMail account. But for some, I have seen them need to register on Market using their GMail account first on another device.

I was able on my A81-E to just login to Market using my Gmail account. So I did not have your issue. I am using Market without issues from it. I am also using the same email addy on my Archos devices too.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Sorry for giving you the wrong answer.

Usually when that pop up comes up on another Android device, I just connect to wifi, and it would stop complaining.

jdcorley

Jan 27, 2011
gurgle - i have tried to both sign in with my existing gmail and also creating a new acct. both have the tablet try to connect using the phone not wifi

xaueious - not the wrong answr, just the first answer. I haven't had this problem on other tablets either.

Too bad I can't hook it up to an ethernet hub, but I think it's a problem in the bios settings and cannot find a 'switch' to turn off the 'phone'