aaayA500 Camera

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
I'm like totally hooked on my A500 but after playing for about a month with an iPad2, have to point out that both video and stills look much better on the Apple product. That's imho about the only real disadvantage the Iconia has. What do you have to comment about the cameras quality compared to other tabs?

mbo1951

Jul 10, 2011
I have an iPad2 that I am selling because I actually think the Acer quality is better, so I guess beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I have found that the video looks far better than the still shots for some reason. That said, the stills are still better than those on the I pad, IMHO. Great question, though.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

magicalyak

Jul 15, 2011
Just to be clear, you think the pictures taken from the iPad are better? I have both here (wife has iPad2, I have the Acer), and I was really shocked at how bad the iPad2's camera is....screen is phenominal, which really highlights just how bad the pics are...if you view pictures taken on some other device they look great, but native pictures are strangely crappy in my opinion. Video seems fine enough, but I think the camera on the Acer wins rather easily.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think the rear camera on the ipad2 is like .7 megapixel, fairly pathetic.

Edited to win an argument with swype

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Doublesixes

Dec 6, 2010
Thanks guys for the feedback. My basic complaint is that video on my Iconia looks too grainy if there's little lighting and washed out (showing streaks of lighter rays) if there's too much of it, implying a very fine window of perfect conditions for shooting. The ipad looked to me to have a better management of those settings, without even trying to fiddle with it. Stills on the Iconia are comparable qualitywise, to the Ipad. Perhaps they appear to look better due to the slightly better Apple screen. Still, imho the Acer is the better product because of its no compromise, no frills approach to full functionality.

mbo1951

Jul 10, 2011
I think you may have a point about the overexposurr, but if you move away from bright backgrounds, the video and photos come out pretty well. I also really like the video editing app tha t comes with Android. It is surprisingly good. I think Apple kind of blew it with the I pad 2, to be honest, especially with Tegra 3 devices coming out in September.

Regards.