Abandoned ROMs?

tenderidol

Feb 14, 2011
I was just wondering which ROMs are abandoned (or currently "halted") so that we can avoid them, since the inherit bugs/problems will not be resolved at least any time soon.

As far as I can tell, phiremod beta2 is not being supported by phiredrop anymore (he seems to be working on the gingerbread phiremod 4.1).

Is it safe to assume that if anyone wants a stable Froyo image, Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 is the one that's still being worked on? I see an updated release on 02/25 (for both SD and eMMC).

Thanks!

Last edited:

MazoMark

Mar 1, 2011
I was just wondering which ROMs are abandoned (or currently "halted") so that we can avoid them, since the inherit bugs/problems will not be resolved at least any time soon.

As far as I can tell, phiremod beta2 is not being supported by phiredrop anymore (he seems to be working on the gingerbread phiremod 4.1).

Is it safe to assume that if anyone wants a stable Froyo image, Nookie Froyo 0.6.8 is the one that's still being worked on? I see an updated release on 02/25 (for both SD and eMMC).

Thanks!

While it's true phiremod beta2 isn't being supported further, I've found it to be the most stable, fully functional, Froyo ROM I've tried. Everything works for me - including Youtube and Flash. I've not had a single FC with it. It's pretty nice with the stock kernel, but even better if you OC it. So far, it is the best thing I've had on my Nook and is my daily driver. I plan to stick with this until there is a solid Honeycomb build with full functionality.

Mark

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
All roms eventually. :)

...yea that didn't help.

edit:
R.I.P.
phiremod nook BETA2
Nook_Color_1.1r2

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
+1 on Phiremod Beta 2 being a good rom.
I have just in the last few days switched to CM nightlies.. its ok.. Phiremod was smoother.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Phiremod Beta 2 ROM is great and its a shame it's progress was short lived. That being said, it's a great rom to ride out until a better custom 2.2 or a 2.2 based b&n software become available.

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
The Honeycomb preview is also dead in the water. I'm with the others: sticking with Phiremod Beta2 until Honeycomb is good enough to daily drive. Can't wait for that to happen...

bratliff

Feb 5, 2011
Just another update. Phiremod would last a full day of use no problem. CM nightly today. Nook put away, wifi off.. Pull it out and battery at 32% no use. I would not consider it adaily driver yet.

ucpro

Dec 28, 2010
They are nightlies and you have to pay a subscription to have access to them. I'm not a member in that respect, but UD makes the best stuff.

yea i just put 3.1 on my d1
it's coming out for the nook sometime soon according to ud