About how many apps should fit on MID7016?

mamanatalie

Dec 20, 2011
I'm trying to download a few kid friendly apps onto our new tablet but only 4 fit. Is this about right? I'm ordering a sd card. Will this increase the storage space available for apps?

Also, I want to download videos or movies for my kids to watch in the car. Is this possible with the card? How do I go about doing that?

Any help you have to offer will be great! Thank you!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I'm trying to download a few kid friendly apps onto our new tablet but only 4 fit. Is this about right? I'm ordering a sd card. Will this increase the storage space available for apps?

No, it's not normal. Usually the apks (applications for Android) are a few KB, games that need textures, sounds, etc, store the extra content somewhere else (usually under /sdcard). Go to Settings -> Storage to check the available space. The one on the bottom (Internal Space) is where apks are installed.

An external will not add extra spaces for apks unless you use some sort of hack like Link2SD.

Also, I want to download videos or movies for my kids to watch in the car. Is this possible with the card? How do I go about doing that?

Yes, media (music, videos, etc) can be stored in the extra microSD card.