About microphone...

markhopus

Jun 22, 2011
I own an acer a500. I love this tablet, i think its one of the best out there. I only had one problem with it: the microphone :-( I originally bought it for video chatting with my family and friends, because they all live in a different country, and it its much easier to carry around than a laptop. So im looking for another tablet at the moment. Please, give me some advice. Is there a way to fix it? Should i wait? I actually checked the asus transformer. That looks pretty good. Is that got any broblem with its microphone? Anny issues with that tablet? I would appriciate any help or comment. Thanks!!

princepapa

Jul 23, 2011
the microphone works fine, unless you're trying to catch the sound from whatever it is you're recording using the HD camera (my brother's wedding for example) in which case you have to turn the volume all the way up and tilt your head to understand what's being said. if the room is noisy at all (for example, if you're at the reception afterwards), don't even think of trying to conduct interviews with people asking them for advice for your brother, because while you may come in loud and clear, unless you can read lips, you'll have no idea what they're saying later when you watch it back.
yeah, there is a microphone problem with this tablet.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
There not fully intended for filming.. there tablets. The camera is pretty awesome, and atkeast the micmis decent.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Gosh sorry :p typing on tablet makes me lazy.. too lazy to correct.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

elsuirad

Jul 28, 2011
My Acer A500 works fine in Skype chatting using mic, no problem about it even without the video (still waiting for the development of video chatting in Skype).

My wife can hear me clearly. I also tested on my SONY Vaio Laptop contacting my other Skype account and the sound is very loud and crystal clear, sometimes it howls because I'm too near to the unit so I have to change settings for the mic and speaker or disabling one after another.

I only typed if there are times the connection is poor, but not always.

I don't know for the other tablets.

belial

Sep 11, 2011
For Skype, the mic work fine, no problem... but to record my voice, I need shout :p... clearly, this is apps problem