about ready to give up :( Need help w/editing photos...

Freedom1

Dec 23, 2011
I got the Toshiba Thrive a few days ago. I love it and realize it's not a computer but since it has the SD card reader, I was thinking that at the very least I would be able to open my photos, change the titles, tag and do some simple edits. I have found a way to do most of this except that when I resave them, it drastically reduces the size.

Does anyone know of either a tablet OR software that will allow me to do all of this without changing the size of the photo before I return my tablet??

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
PS Touch is the most capable photo editor I have found yet on Android.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

Freedom1

Dec 23, 2011
Thanks. I tried that one too but it still shrinks my photos unless there is something I'm not doing right? Can you let me know? Thanks.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Yeah, PS Touch does shrink them down to like 1200x1600. I am thinking that there are no apps to do all of this yet. Hopefully soon, my tablet can render 12 MB files just fine, but it would be nice to do simple edits and still keep the image quality.

Freedom1

Dec 23, 2011
Thanks Fred. so should I return the table and wait or keep the tablet and wait for an app that can do this? sorry for the stupid ? I just don't know if this is a tablet thing or an app thing. I don't know why anyone would want to lower the quality of their photos :(

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I think it is more of an app thing. The tablet can handle it, just that app developers are more focused on what a phone can do since most of the android market share is still phones. PS Touch has only been out for a few weeks and I am hopeful that Adobe beefs it up a bit to unlock what the tablets can do, especially with Quad Core tablets hitting the market now that have more than twice the power of the Tegra 2 line of tablets.

If this is a huge holdup for you, it may be better to get a Windows netbook or laptop for now. It all depends on what your needs are. I am an amateur photographer and I love the ability to view my pictures as I shot them on my tablet. I have used it many times after some small personal events to show the pictures in their unedited form.

I still end up going back to a PC with a full version of PhotoShop to do the real editing. Even if PS touch gets better, I will still probably go to a PC to edit my photos.

Freedom1

Dec 23, 2011
Thanks Fred. That's good to hear. I have a small laptop now but I was hoping to be able to use the tablet for travel knowing I wouldn't be able to do everything I can on a pc. Mostly if I could just rename them and tag them I'd be happy. Then any photos that need editing, I could do when I get home, but at least they would all be organized, labeled and tagged. I had know idea this would be so difficult to accomplish considering all the other amazing things this tablet does. someone just emailed me about photo enhance pro. Have you checked that out? I have not had a chance but will do so tonight. Happy Holidays!