? about screen protectors ??

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
I have never used one on my Droid.. so have no idea if I should get one for the NC. or not.. If so.. any good recommendations ????

I live in Florida and would love to be able to take it outside .. if not in direct sun.. but under a umbrella etc...

Any good idea's ?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
A screen protector is not necessary for the NOOkcolor since it has a glass screen, which although shows some fingerprints, resist almost all scratches. You would have to drop it on a sharp surface like a rock to either chip or crack the glass, in which you most likely will have bigger problem with your NC than the glass being damaged. :) The NOOKcolor's screen also has an anti-glare coating, which can't be said for the Samsung Galaxy Tab or Ipad. I've tested the the NC in direct sunlight and although not 100% glare free of course, you will have no problem reading a book outdoors in the sunlight. Reading under an umbrella would be an enjoyable and glare free.

I can provide a pic if you'd like.

crenita

Jan 6, 2011
That is GREAT news... Thanks...
Living in Flroida we spend loads of time outside .. not necessarily at the beach but outdoors.. so all I have to do is get a few steaks for the grill and read my nook while waiting for the steaks to grill... SWEET...