ACADEV 2/26/11 by tipstir

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone seen\tried this yet over at tipstir.the-talk.net? It doesn't look like full rom but maybe a kernel update? Here's the thread:

Beta Patch TC21 ACADEV 2/26/11

I couldn't get it to install, and had to load a backup. So if you're a Android newbie I wouldn't recommend trying this.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Anyone seen\tried this yet over at tipstir.the-talk.net? It doesn't look like full rom but maybe a kernel update? Here's the thread:

Beta Patch TC21 ACADEV 2/26/11

I couldn't get it to install, and had to load a backup. So if you're a Android newbie I wouldn't recommend trying this.

I pulled the update apart and it doesn't look like much was changed. The wifi folder was touched (maybe for adhoc networking) and the build.prop was modified to lengthen the scan intervals for wifi from 15 seconds (default) to 90 seconds....I have mine set to 360 seconds. The dalvik.vm.heapsize=48m, which I already have mine set to 64m....I haven't had the time to go through the entire file yet to see ALL the changes made. I do know it was made for the OG Coby build (which one is a good question) and since it contains someone else's build.prop, I DO NOT recommend for anyone to flash it as it could possibly screw something up unless you have made a backup and know what you are doing with these files. I wish it was a kernal update, I am dying to get this tablet overclocked!

Last edited:

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Ok, thanks for the info. Yes, it would be nice to get at least a small overclock. Doesn't look like we will get to overclock though until Telechips releases the full kernel source code. My next tablet will definitely have a Nvidia or Samsung chip.

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
Ok, thanks for the info. Yes, it would be nice to get at least a small overclock. Doesn't look like we will get to overclock though until Telechips releases the full kernel source code. My next tablet will definitely have a Nvidia or Samsung chip.

No problem...With my next tablet, I too will look for one with a better chip and will also make sure it has much more RAM on board as well (such as 512mb or 1gb).

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Yeah, more ram looks to be a necessity. I like the looks of the Elocity A7.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
tipstir.the-talk.net?....
He was working on something before it is posted back a few weeks but never saw anyreports on progress till now... l_n build is pretty good and its a complete rom/mod of the new update.zip.... It would be nice to overclock it just to see what it can take... But I think if possible it would be better to upgrade to 2.2 ... This alone might make it faster... I was getting 284 as an average quadrant score on the rooted coby... With l_n's zip I get about 300 give or take a few points... If they can work together on something I would gladly zip it.... The next coby tablets will have the Samsung 1ghs Procesor just not sure on the RAM size... Hope for atleast 512 ram...

Bane66

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, tipstir.the-talk.net. The link I posted above takes you there. I guess he didn't bother with a full rom after seeing Watery Kyros being released? Froyo would be nice but it will take a long time without the full source code. I'd use the Cyanogen mod but I like the ability to view movies.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
I know what tipstir has done. We've been talking via PM. His edits are safe, but I've already made the same build.prop changes. The other is nothing major. I may or may not include it in the next rom release.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
I know what tipstir has done. We've been talking via PM. His edits are safe, but I've already made the same build.prop changes. The other is nothing major. I may or may not include it in the next rom release.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I was thinking about that since hes a S.M. here ... I was checking his post and site to see if he had posted anything , when you posted yours up I just stook to yours...