accelorometer prob

red1997blazer

Oct 24, 2011
how to calibrate accelormetr. it's off and i can t play falling ball, heavy gunner and some other games. i have honeycomb 3.1. and used andro sensor and the y axis is wrong

red1997blazer

Oct 24, 2011
i also did a hard reset already as well as compass calibration. it also was the same before i rooted my tablet a500

dan776

Apr 27, 2011
Here is the issue as I understand it... and this might be way, WAY off. (disclaimer)

I ask that anyone please correct me, and shine a better light on this, as this issue has been vexing for myself as well, and I'm not happy with this explanation.

Apparently, the Acer's compass is internally off by 90 degrees by design, thus it is left to the developer of software to "sense" that an Acer is being used, and to translate to the proper compass/accelerometer settings via software.

So, in my experience, some compass programs (3D Compass) will be off by 90 degrees, and some compass programs (Google Maps) will work fine, as it is fixed in the software, the developers knowing that the Acer's compass is off.

Unfortunately, there are several games that aren't programmed to correct the compass/accelerometer settings, although most in my experience work fine. Therefore if somebody tells you "your unit is faulty", then it is possible that they have not tried an app that hasn't corrected for the flaw.

Can anybody corroborate or refute this notion? Better yet, does anyone have a fix for this?

One thing I definitely can confirm is that Google Sky Map used to totally not represent the actual night sky (like the vertex was 90 degrees off somewhere), and then an update fixed it to actually represent the night sky, whereas on my phone it always worked fine.