Access AT&T Wi-FI from McDonald's Restaurants

dportzer

Jul 24, 2011
I have tried to use the free Wi-Fi at several restaurants. In both instances as I am going through the AT&T free Wi-Fi procedural check in, I reach a "check box" (that needs to be checked) stating I have looked at/read the Terms & Condition and accept them. On my Acer Iconia A500 screen the whole procedure view (landscape) of what I am seeing only uses the left side of the screen in miniature size and only uses about 20% of the available screen at that, making everything very difficult to read. I see the check box, but I can not seem to get a "check mark" to appear. So when I do the "continue" I am advised via a pop up box that I have to "check" the box. This happens repeatedly and I can not log in. I have tried this at two McDonald's and the same problem happens at both. I did call the suggested help line and the AT&T tech guy asked me to give him my MAC address and I did, he then logged me in. But that is a work around at best. After getting on line, all was good.

Any suggestion?

Thanks, David Portzer [email protected]

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
What browsers have you tried? It might be that the stock browser doesn't play nice.

-or that the universe is warning you against staying near one of those places long enough to require an internet connection.

dportzer

Jul 24, 2011
I am using the IE browser that comes on the tablet. It works fine in other instances (i.e. on my home Wi-Fi).

David

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
I get exactly the same thing -- a microscopic login page (zoom didn't seem to function in the stock browser, and I didn't try it again in FF). The box is very hard to hit and the "checkmark" is almost invisible. It works, but you need a magnifying glass, good lighting, and marksmanship, to get that box checkmarked. Once you do, there's no password needed, it connects fine.

Good luck!

Last edited:

rickio

May 14, 2011
Have you tried going into your browsers preferences and enlarging font size. I did that an pages came out huge, went back an check medium an its perfect.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Android Tablet Forum

ahclem

Jul 25, 2011
Have you tried going into your browsers preferences and enlarging font size. I did that an pages came out huge, went back an check medium an its perfect.

Sent from my Full Android on S5PV210 using Android Tablet Forum

Here are the results of my thorough McDonalds tests:
The stock Browser has a green checkmark in a gray box, almost invisible. Changing the text to Huge causes no change in the box size (but text is huge). Touch/zoom doesn't work.

In Firefox, the checkmark is black, in a white box. You can touch zoom as usual. It's much easier to log in. Use Firefox to login.