Access Google Play with Nonbranded Tablet

DHL

Nov 2, 2012
Hello,
I have a nonbranded tablet, the manufacturer model number is M805NCW. The Android version is 4.04, but on the Google Play website is says: "You don't have any
devices". I received from the chinese manufacturer already a apk file called "Phonesky.apk" but it doesn't connect to Google Play after the installation.
What is your advice? I appreciate your help, DHL

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There are other places to get apps. Your tablet may already have one or more of them installed. GetJar, AppBrain and Amazon are all good sources.

DHL

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Leeshor,
Thanks for your response.
So, that means it is not possible to access Google Play with an unbranded tablet?
I have checked GetJar and also managed to download a few apps, but in most cases it just gets stuck at 0% downloading. Any experience with that?
Thanks in advance and best regards, DHL

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hello Leeshor,
Thanks for your response.
So, that means it is not possible to access Google Play with an unbranded tablet?
I have checked GetJar and also managed to download a few apps, but in most cases it just gets stuck at 0% downloading. Any experience with that?

You may be having an issue with your WiFi, (I have some possible fixes in a link below). That would be the first thing to look at. You might also want to restart your tablet if you haven't done that recently.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
I had a similar problem downloading from Amazon to a Polaroid tablet. It was due to the permissions on the SDcard. Somehow the write permission would 'disappear'. Resetting the tablet (several times) eventually resolved the problem.

Also, if you tablet is not on the 'compatibility list' at Google Play, you will not be able to download apps from there, although you may be able to sideload apps that you download to another (compatible) device. Amazon is my primary app source for my unbranded tablets. I like Google's method of updating better, but the FAOTD is hard to resist.
Hello Leeshor,

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Some people have rooted their tablet and changed build.prop (?) to make their tablet pretend to be a Nexus or Samsung, to get access to the Play Store.
I say avoid any tablet that does not come with Google Play Store pre-installed by the device manufacturer.

DHL

Nov 2, 2012
O.k. Thank you everybody, for your answers. Much appreciated,
DHL