Accessories anyone?

bdubble

Apr 27, 2011
There will be plenty of accesories available online soon, I'm sure. Good luck finding any in a store.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

panda

Apr 25, 2011
Tankstrr, really nice looking dock for the w500 - hopefully it will be compatible with the a500. Lets hope those last pics are not the station that they'll be releasing since it looks not much more than a charging cradle... which I sort of think makers should include with these devices in the box.

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
It shipped. Should have it in a few days. ETA says by the 6th. I'll update you all when I get it.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
I also ordered the Skinomi screen protector, use coupon code "save25" to get 25% off.

I have one of these on my Viewsonic G-Tab and it's really good, don't notice finger prints nearly as much but it's not quite as slick as the glass so there's a little bit more friction when running your finger across it.

I don't use their supplied spray as it keeps the surface pretty tacky while trying to install and it's harder to line up. I mix my own using 8 oz filtered water and one drop of baby shampoo. It's much slipperier this way and a lot easier to line up. It's basically the same type of urethane film that I put on all my vehicles to protect the paint. Very tough stuff and protects the screen really well.

baldbear

Apr 28, 2011
Why do you need to protect glass? Glass is a pretty hard substance and takes a pretty hard scratch to actually scratch it. Or are you quite rough with things?

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
I'd just like to be safe. Also, they help cut down on finger prints. My wife has a protector for her iPod and fingerprints are almost non-existence now.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I'm on board and already doing what I can for accessories. I am meeting with someone locally about chargers (personally I can't stan3 that 3 footer! It barely makes it from the floor to the table at the office)

I've been trying to help with hard to find stuff for the gTabbers (proud owner myself) and will keep you posted on anything I can find.

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
There is a "media dock" that will come out shortly that I think is kind of worthless, but I think acer will release a kbd dock ala asus transformer similar to the one they are bundling with the iconia W500 (windows tablet)

http://www.connectionpros.com/wp-co...r-Iconia-Tab-A100-A500-And-W500-Tablets-2.jpg

As far as the case is concerned, apple didn't exacly invent a case that changes into a stand, and this will be far more useful than the ipad2 case (full protection front and back)

I thought I read somewhere that Acer would be releasing a full size Bluetooth keyboard for the A500? Have not seen anything on a keyboard that uses the dock.

I really would like to get the A500 case and a decent screen protector. No Zagg. Can't stand the orange peel.

AcrerRay

Apr 29, 2011
I searched and searched and also only found the one in the UK. Was just about to order it when I gave it one last shot and googled the item number from the UK site (LC.BAG0A.011) and found it at Staples!!!! I'll have it on Tues. :) It's easy to find the Office Supplies, Copy Paper, Furniture, Ink, Toner, Cleaning Products, Electronics and Technology you need | Staples®

Why Staples and NOT Best Buy would have it is beyond me. You can get free shipping if you have it sent to you local store.

Cheers!!!

evoss05

Apr 29, 2011
Ordered my screen protector 3 days ago, received my iconia yesterday. Will wait for a cheaper dock. I will wait a little longer for a case. I prefere one that can handle some beat down. Seidio or otter box.

chili_red

Apr 27, 2011
Looking for a case also, in the mean time I used some leftover urethane material that I used to cover the front of my car and made a back cover, came out pretty good and gives it a little more grip over the brushed aluminum.
Don't like the Zagg stuff either cause it has way too much orange peel for a screen protector but the Skinomi is very smooth.

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
Got my Skinomi in today. Took me about 10 minutes, 3 tries and all the solution... Looks okay now, but really need to wait a few days before I let you know if I like it or not. Wife has a screen protector on her iPod. The first couple days it looked really bad, but know you really have to look to notice it's there. So I'm hoping that will happen with this.

I'll update in a few.

UPDATE: WOW, skin is already looking MUCH better. There are still areas that you can tell there is a skin, but for the most part it's looking good. Also, it appear it is going to server it's purpose well. Can barely see any finger prints!

Last edited: